System Engineer ~ Full-Time
Pastoral Center, St. Petersburg
The Pastoral Center of the Diocese of St Petersburg has an immediate opening for a System Engineer in our Information Technology Department. This position is full-time and salaried exempt with benefits.
Design, implement, troubleshoot, analyze and maintain the IT Infrastructure of pastoral center and supported diocesan entities. This includes monitoring network connectivity and utilization, Windows server administration, virtualization, performance tuning, backups and restores. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems and relies on experience and judgment to escalated issues to vendors.
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve problems all systems administered in a timely fashion.
- Plan and manage after-hours upgrades and troubleshooting as needed.
- Utilize superior customer service skills to act as an escalation for desktop support technicians.
- Propose modifications to, or where needed, new designs for infrastructure in all supported entities in collaboration with the Director of Information Technology.
- Create technical specifications and requirements for purchasing of new servers and networking equipment and collaborate with vendors as needed.
- Create project and implement plans in collaboration the Director of Information Technology.
- Manage systems at the Pastoral Center and supported entities during business hours. It is expected that a majority of the activities, including work on supported entities, will be handed from the pastoral center via remote access. Some travel may occur but the expectation is that it will be limited.
Qualities and Skills
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 6 years equivalent work experience.
- Security certification (ex: CISSP) preferred.
- Strong customer service orientation required.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a production environment.
- Ability to conduct research into hardware, software and product issues as required.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Works with Pastoral Center staff and IT department technicians on a daily basis.
- Works with vendor representatives as needed.
- Ability to present ideas and solutions in user-friendly language.
- Candidate must successfully pass a Level II (FBI) Criminal History Background Check.