Courageously Accompanying Youth & Young Adults
We believe young people are essential to the Church and to increase their encounters with Christ…
- One hundred percent of parishes will establish and/or enhance youth ministry opportunities by July 1, 2020.
- In support of this initiative, the Diocese will hire three diocesan regional Associate Directors of Youth and Young Adult Ministry by July 1, 2019.
- Goal Update: Mike Buckler is the new Regional Associate Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministry for the northern counties of the Diocese of St. Petersburg effective June 3, 2019. Mike is working closely with parishes in Citrus, Hernando, and Pasco counties to help establish and enhance youth and young adult ministry. Mike has 13 years of experience in full-time parish youth ministry and a Master of Divinity from the University of Notre Dame. He has served as Director of Youth Ministry at Our Lady of the Rosary Parish in Land O’ Lakes for the past five years. The plan is to hire a second Regional Associate Director for Hillsborough County in the Fall of 2019 and a third Regional Associate Director for Pinellas County in the Spring of 2020.
- The diocese will establish a new Catholic elementary school (location to be determined) to open for the 2021-2022 school year.
- We will increase student participation by 1000% (4,000 individuals) at established campus ministry communities, and create new Catholic student communities for all local colleges and universities in the Diocese by Easter of 2021.
The Diocese of St. Petersburg has area experts that can help parishes with achieving their goals. We are here to support you! Please contact one of our area experts listed below.
|Young & Young Adult Ministry||Ryan Phelanemail@example.com or 727-344-1611|
|Campus Ministry||Fr. Justin Paskertfirstname.lastname@example.org|
WATCH VIDEOS below of Bishop Gregory Parkes answering questions about goal 3, 4, 5 & 6 during a radio interview with Spirit FM.