Espiritu Santo Parish
The successful candidate will possess good interpersonal skills along with the required accounting training and experience. This position will be responsible for all the financial transactions for two entities, a Catholic Church and a Catholic School, with combined revenues of $7 million. The candidate should have previous experience with bookkeeping and a flair for accuracy and recognizing financial trends. In addition, this position supervises the part-time Bookkeeper’s work and responsibilities.
- Manage all accounting transactions and reconciliations
- Process semi-monthly payroll
- Work with the school principal and key church department heads to develop annual budgets and provide support on an as-needed basis
- Handle monthly, quarterly and annual financial statement closings and report results at quarterly Financial Council meetings.
- Ensure accurate coding of bills and timely payments to vendors
- Work with independent auditors on Agreed Upon Procedures engagements
- Comply with financial policies and best practices
- Supervise part-time bookkeeper
- Work experience in monthly closings and analyzing income and expense accounts
- Knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Hands-on experience with accounting and payroll software
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel and Word)
- Experience with general ledger functions
- Attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Degree in accounting preferred
Candidate must successfully pass a Level II FBI Background Screening and complete Safe Environment Training.
Qualified candidates may send their resume to: email@example.com