Rooted in the diocesan mission to Courageously Live the Gospel, and inspired by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops statement “Co-Workers in the Vineyard of the Lord,” and the NACPA’s position of “Just Treatment for those who work for the Church,” the Administrative Assistant to the directors of Lay Pastoral Ministry Institute and Intercultural Ministries, will provide administrative services for the various ministry programs and activities that contribute to the call for mission of the Church.
The Administrative Assistant will be part of the Missionary Discipleship team, which offers support for parish leaders in carrying out the mission to Courageously live the Gospel.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs administrative duties, receives, and places telephone calls, schedules appointments, types/enters word processing written communications, duplicates and distribute materials, and processes mail. Greets and refers visitors to the appropriate staff member. Prepares bulk mailings as needed.
- Request checks as approved by the Directors. With the director’s approval, makes deposits of the money collected for all activities like gathering events, retreats, festivals, classes, selling of materials, etc.
- Attend appropriate meetings, conferences, convocations, institutes, workshops, etc. as related to Intercultural Ministries and LPMI. Prepares and distributes Minutes from meetings as needed and keeps the official Minutes book.
- Oversees an inventory of office supplies. Orders materials, supplies, or equipment as needed with the approval of the Directors.
- Prepare materials needed for meetings, workshops, conferences, special events, liturgical celebrations, and all other events sponsored by the Intercultural Ministries Office and LPMI.
- Ensures the efficient operation of the Office of Lay Pastoral Ministry Institute and Intercultural Ministries.
- Meets regularly with the Missionary Discipleship team, and with the directors of LPMI and Intercultural Ministries; in addition to being supervised by directors of LPMI and Intercultural Ministries, the administrative assistant is also accountable to the executive director of Missionary Discipleship to ensure that all administrative support for Intercultural Ministries and Missionary is fulfilled.
- Maintains fee and reimbursement schedules.
- Keeps abreast of and up to date with the Institute, its programs, and processes to respond adequately to telephone requests.
- Ensures that parishes and candidates have received and accurately completed all necessary forms.
- Keeps updated lists of candidates and participants, faculty, mentors, and Advisory Committee members.
- Prepares an annual directory of participants, faculty, and mentors.
- Ensures that materials are translated as appropriate.
- Provides communication and updates with participants regarding classes, assignments, fees, and other relevant information.
- Provides communication and information to faculty and mentors as needed.
- Create and provide promotional materials of LPMI through social media, print and other electronic means.
- Assist with the recruitment, publicity, and implementation of the various educational, spiritual, and pastoral programs for the diverse groups to help with their faith development and growth.
- Is familiar with the overall activities and processes of the office to respond knowledgeably to telephone and e-mails requests.
- Complete Spanish and English translations for the different offices as requested by the Director and other offices of the Diocese, ensuring that deadlines are met.
- Assist and maintaining the Web page for the Intercultural Ministries Office in accordance to the guidelines of the Diocese Web Master. Respond to all incoming inquiries from the Web page.
- Gather material with input from the Director of the Office of Intercultural Ministries to be published in the office electronic newsletter via Flocknote. Keep newsletter updated and publish it weekly unless directed otherwise by the Director.
- Keeps a line of communication and make sure that the priests and ministers that work with the Hispanic communities receive all information in Spanish for activities, classes, media releases, etc. as needed or as requested.
Occasionally, as determined by the Director, the Administrative Assistant must be able to participate at meetings outside of normal work schedule, including evenings and weekends, and at locations outside of the Pastoral Center. Hours are flexible according to the needs of the program.
Qualities and Skills:
- The Administrative Assistant should be an active member of a Roman Catholic parish faith community. This requirement may be satisfied by a person who has knowledge of and is willing to function in a manner consistent with the mission of the Catholic Church and the Diocese of St. Petersburg.
- For the position of Administrative Assistant, post-high school administrative training is desired. The Administrative Assistant must have excellent computer skills and is familiar with a variety of software such as Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook, Canva, Flocknote, Constant Contact, Access, and WordPress.
- Data entry skills are needed for maintenance of computer records.
- The Administrative Assistant must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to act in a professional and considerate manner, along with the ability to honor and maintain confidentiality.
- The Administrative Assistant should have a demonstrated ability to set priorities and organize work effectively and efficiently, including developing and maintaining effective record-keeping systems.
- The Administrative Assistant must have the ability to compose correspondence, minutes, and/or reports.
- Occasionally, as determined by the Directors, the Administrative Assistant must be able to work at outside the normal work schedule, including weekends.
- Must have the ability to work independently.
- Has excellent speaking, reading, writing, and translating in Spanish and English.
- Is fluent in Spanish and English.
Candidate must successfully pass a Level II FBI Background Screening and complete Safe Environment Training.
To apply, click here