Nativity Catholic Church is searching for a bilingual Administrative Assistant for the Department of Faith Formation. This is a Full-Time hourly position with benefits. This position, in close collaboration with other support staff in the Faith Formation and Youth Program offices, is responsible for supporting the daily operations and sacramental programs presented through work of the Director of Adult Faith Formation/RCIA and the Director of Faith Formation – Religious Ed K-8.
The position reports to the Director of Parish Life.
- Practicing Catholic, faithful to the Magisterium and in good standing with the Catholic church whose lifestyle reflects Church values
- Knowledge of Church teaching and practices
- Good communication skills
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite of products/Flocknote
- Able to work independently and collaboratively as a part of a team
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Greet and assist people who come into the Faith Formation office
- Answer phones, taking clear and accurate messages
- Respond to emails within 24 hours
- Manage yearly registrations and payments for Faith Formation and Sacramental programs
- Record all Faith Formation and Sacramental information in Parish Data System
- Sacramental recording in Parish Archive Registers
- Maintain compliance for catechists and volunteers for Safe Environment and background screening
- Assist in preparation from beginning to end with the following sacraments: Baptism, Reconciliation, First Eucharist.
- Assist in preparation and record keeping for Vacation Bible School
- Track RSVP’s for various Faith Formation Parish events
- Handle general correspondence and clerical support as needed
- Perform other related duties as required/assigned
Candidate must pass a Level II FBI Background Screening and complete online Safe Environment training prior to employment.
Please send cover letter, resume and references to Dr. Alice Murray, Director of Parish Life at firstname.lastname@example.org