The Pontifical Mission Societies
The Pontifical Mission Societies
“The Pontifical Mission Societies serve the church’s universality as a global network of support for the Pope in his missionary commitment by prayer, the soul of mission, and charitable offerings from Christians throughout the world.”
200 Central Ave
St Petersburg, FL 33701
Administrative Assistant – Diocesan Relations
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for supporting all administrative, operational, and clerical duties for the Diocesan regional team members. Their mission is to manage a growing, comprehensive outreach program at the diocesan level to raise awareness of the needs of mission territories, and, specifically, to support the Pontifical mandate to support the Mission Societies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Creating/updating database of diocesan directors and contacts.
- Responding to routine questions from our constituents via phone, email, etc.
- Assisting in managing mission trips – including travel, hotel, correspondence with participants
- Assisting with coordination of annual Diocesan Director Orientation, Spiritual Retreat, and National Meeting
- Scheduling and tracking follow-up for Regions Department Meetings
- Assisting with travel/flight arrangements and submitting travel expenses
- Coordinating Regions Department internal communications
- Coordinating Regional Meeting invitations and responses
- Assisting with and providing back up to the Weekly Email Blast
- Staying abreast of changes and concerns from the Diocesan Mission offices
- Monitoring and updating calendars.
- Becoming adept with Virtuous (CRM Platform)
- Becoming adept with MCP+ (Missionary Cooperative Program App)
- Mail printed or digital materials to Diocesan Directors
- Occasional large mailings
Education, Experience and Qualifications
- Must be a practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, professional and polished.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office application, Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point.
- Basic knowledge of database creation and management
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- College degree preferred.
- Requires a strong commitment to customer service, and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, printers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak clearly and hear well. The employee is frequently required to stand, sit, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The Pontifical Mission Societies (“TPMS”) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. TPMS strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy), gender, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. All TPMS employees, other workers, and representatives are prohibited from engaging in unlawful discrimination. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
TPMS complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, the Florida Civil Rights Act of 1992, and all applicable state or local law. Consistent with those requirements, TPMS will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability if such accommodation would allow the individual to perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship.
As a Catholic organization recognized by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, TPMS reserves the right under Federal law (42 U.S.C.A §2000e-2(e)) and Florida law (Fla. Stat. §760.10(10)) to hire those of the Catholic faith for positions where practice and knowledge of the Catholic faith, its tenets, and beliefs, are necessary for the work required. Further, TPMS retains the ability to hire employees whose lifestyle upholds the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church.
Compensation and Benefits
- Hourly rate $20.00 – $24.00, based on a 40-hour work week. This is a non-exempt position and eligible for overtime. Compensation is based on qualifications and skill level
- Medical, Dental and Prescription insurance coverage – employer pays full premium
- Vision discount plan
- Generous paid time off including 17 paid holidays and holy days
Hybrid remote work schedule to include ability to work from home on Mondays and Fridays.
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Administrative Assistant.”