Christ the King Parish
Christ the King Catholic Church, a dynamic parish of 3,500 families in south Tampa, is seeking a full time Administrative Assistant for Faith Formation who will support the Director of Religious Education and the Coordinator of Adult Faith Formation.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to; communication with families, maintaining records, and the general organization of the office. This position serves as a registrar for student applications, attendance, and sacramental records. This position is often the first line of contact in welcoming people who visit the office or call and must be a model of invitation, cooperation, and respect for individuals & families.
The Administrative Assistant for the Office of Faith Formation will keep the office organized and requires prompt and courteous communication in responses to phone calls and emails.
In addition to weekday office hours, the Administrative Assistant for the Office of Faith Formation will be present during most formation class times on Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings to greet, welcome, and assist catechists, students, parishioners, guests.
- High Proficiency in Microsoft applications especially Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to utilize Parish Soft/Connect Now to update family records, add Sacramental information and request reports and create queries.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Competent skills in operating office equipment & maintaining a filing system, processing accounts receivable etc.
- A strong desire to strive to live a Christian and moral life.
- A foundation in Catholic religious education.
Full Time: Weekend and night hours will be required (e.g., for support during Religious Education class sessions, sacramental parent meetings, sacramental liturgies, RCIA Events, etc.).
Candidate must successfully pass a Level II FBI Background Screening and complete Safe Environment Training.
Please email cover letter and resume to Katie Holland at: Kholland@ctk-tampa.org