Rooted in the diocesan mission to Courageously Live the Gospel and approaching the Parish and Treasury Services with the foundation of the USCCB’s statement “Co-Workers in the Vineyard of the Lord” and the NACPA’s position of “Just Treatment for those who work for the Church,” the Administrative Assistant will provide general administrative, analytical, and clerical support to the Parish and Treasury Services Department.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and audit bank statements for diocesan schools and selected parishes
- Provide administrative/bookkeeping support to the department
- Manage all diocesan credit cards to include review of statements, distribution of credit cards and fraud control
- Credit card fraud control
- Run reports from the general ledger and download to an excel document as requested
- Assist the Director of Parish and Treasury Services with general ledger reconciliations, journal entries and other projects.
- Assist the Director of Parish and Treasury Services Assistant in identifying and implementing the resolution of financial reporting issues, efficiencies between the Pastoral Center and the Schools, budget issues, and training, as needed.
- Assists the accounting and management team with closing of financial statements
- Assists with the annual financial statement audit requests.
- The ability to meet deadlines as assigned, such as, but not exclusive to, month end, quarter end and year end processing.
- The ability to assist the accounting team with meeting deadlines and assisting other team members with their work, as needed.
- Opens and distributes mail for the Diocesan Schools Accounting office.
- Performs clerical work as needed and in a timely manner.
- Answers the telephone and returns telephone calls in a timely manner.
- Other duties, as assigned by the Department Director
The Administrative Assistant for Parish and Treasury Services works in the Parish & Accounting office in the Pastoral Center. Attendance may be required at outside meetings, seminars, and school locations. The scheduled hours of the position are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., with one hour unpaid for lunch, unless other written arrangements have been approved and filed with the Human Resource office.
The Administrative Assistant for Parish and Treasury Services is directly accountable and evaluated by the Director, who reports to the Diocesan Finance Officer. Other collaborative relationships with the Accounting Manager for Diocesan Schools, bookkeepers reporting to the Department Director and with the following offices:
- Accounting, Finance and Controller’s Office
- Office of Catholic Schools
- Construction Office
- Insurance office
- Human Resource office
- Information Technology office
Qualities and Skills:
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently with initiative, as well as schedule and produce work in a timely manner.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills, including the ability to make professional presentations to large groups.
- Experience with implementing or supporting web-based systems
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Access skills
- Strong report writing skills, strong troubleshooting, and analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Experience with IBM i5/OS a plus
- A High School diploma is required
- Bookkeeping experience is strongly preferred
Candidate must successfully pass a Level II FBI Background Screening and complete Safe Environment Training prior to beginning employment.
To apply click here