The Pastoral Center of the Diocese of St Petersburg is seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant for the Vocations Office to coordinate the recruitment, training, and support of our seminarians in preparation for the priesthood. This position works closely with the Director of Vocations.
Essential Functions / Job Responsibilities:
- Maintains an active social media presence on various platforms utilized by the office
- Creates content for social media, vocation website, and other means of vocation promotion
- Regularly updates and improves the Vocations Office Website
- Manages mass communication to discerners and vocations support teams
- Collaborates with other contributors and content creators
- Handles daily incoming calls, mail, email, and correspondence
- Organize and send out recurring event mail in a timely fashion
- Maintain daily calendar and schedule for the Office of Vocations
- Organizes and maintains diocesan calendar of vocation events and coordinates with the Bishop’s office, parishes, schools and other entities, as needed
- Maintains accurate Accounts Receivable & Accounts Payable records, and work on monthly budget with the Finance Office
- Compiles and adjusts annual budget for seminarians and vocations office
- Maintains an accurate database for the Office of Vocations
- Organizes vocation events (up to 1,500 people) and works with other committees and ministries
- Recruits and schedules volunteers for events
- Negotiate and hire of florists, caterers, photographers, etc.
- Creates and implements events that are a part of the Vocations Office Calendar
- Prepares worship aides as needed for various events
- Seen as liaison in coordinating ordinations, liturgies, and receptions
- Serves as sounding board and assists in decision making for new events
Seminarian Application Process:
- Distribute and track necessary documentation from candidates
- Set up candidate meetings with psychologist and seminarian board members, tracking for promptness.
- Assemble, prepare, and distribute confidential seminarian board notebooks/data files for meetings
Qualities and Skills:
- College degree highly desirable
- Knowledge of bulk mailing procedures and express mail (e. g. Fedex).
- Possesses transcription and word processing skills
- Intermediate functional knowledge of Microsoft Windows Office (Word, Access, Excel, Outlook, Publisher) and various social media
- Able to formulate and maintain a communication plan on behalf of the Vocations Office
- Ability to create and publish monthly newsletters and flyers
- Ability to create and publish invitations to special events held throughout the year
- Ability to take and organize reservations and compile the data in an organized and efficient manner.
- Communicates as needed via email with various vocations committees and boards. (i.e. Sends meeting reminders, RSVP’s, etc.)
- Past work with event planning, public relations, and communications important
- Experience working successfully with a variety of people and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- An understanding of the Catholic faith and the seminary experience are desirable, as well as the ability to relate to young adults
- Attention to detail, discretion and confidentiality are very important, as well as the ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Good writing skills and creativity are highly desired, as well as an understanding and appreciation for God’s call in people’s lives
- Ability to be a self-starter, make independent decisions, and time management are critical skills
- Ability to work with older volunteers, priests, religious, seminary staff and other constituents in a professional and friendly manner
At the Diocese of St. Petersburg you’ll enjoy a professional yet casual working environment. You will find the pace here fast, and exhilarating, filled with people who thrive on joyful cooperation. This is much more than a job – it is a ministry. You are expected to work in an atmosphere based on Catholic, Christian beliefs even if you are not Catholic. We encourage a deep faith life among all of our staff and that they be conscious of being a witness to the mission of Jesus Christ regardless of their position or the task being performed. All employees must realize that they represent more than just themselves and will be held to a high standard of accountability, whether on or off campus.
We offer an excellent benefits package including medical insurance, life insurance, short term disability insurance, long term disability insurance, and defined benefit pension plans all provided with no employee premiums for all full-time employees. We also have dental, vision, & 401(k) programs available.
Candidates must successfully pass a Level II FBI Background Screening and complete Safe Environment Training.
Qualified applicants please apply here: https://www.indeed.com/job/administrative-assistant-office-vocations-cd914b33ae150e8c