St. Lawrence Parish
St. Lawrence Parish is seeking an Administrative Assistant for Youth Faith Formation to assist the Director of Youth Faith Formation with families, children, and catechists. Expected hours are 10-15 hours/week. Hours are Sunday mornings plus 2-3 other days during the week. This is a non-exempt, part-time position.
- Must be fluent in Spanish and English for verbal and written communications.
- Will need excellent organizational skills.
- Familiarity with sacramental requirements for First Communions and Confirmation is a plus.
- Will be responsible for student’s registrations, maintaining class attendance records and updating student records in Parish Soft ConnectNow database.
- Also, will be responsible for contacting families that are not regularly attending class or reminding families of upcoming sessions, and families with outstanding Sacramental records/forms/fees.
- Assists in communicating with families that primarily speak Spanish. Translate any communications into Spanish for the Spanish speaking families.
- May serve as a translator at Sacramental Preparation sessions, retreats, and at sacramental ceremonies.
- Assists at First Holy Communion retreats, First Reconciliation, First Holy Communion (rehearsal and day of event)
- Catechist trainings
- Various events as needed
Candidates must pass the FBI Level II background screening prior to their start date and become certified in the Safe Environment program after employment.
Please reply to: email@example.com.