St. Catherine of Siena
The Parish Administrative Assistant/Receptionist is responsible for daily designated administrative responsibilities of the parish office. This is a full time position with benefits. Office hours are 8:00am-4:00pm Monday through Thursday and 8:00am-12:00pm on Friday. The position is hourly and includes 2 weeks paid vacation. We offer an excellent benefits package including medical insurance, life insurance, short term disability insurance, long term disability insurance, and defined benefit pension plans all provided with no employee premiums for all full-time employees. We also have dental, vision, & 401(k) programs available.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to understand and follow instructions, as well as work independently with initiative, be detail oriented, generate work in a timely manner, be a self-starter and a team player
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and accounting software
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Must be a person of faith committed to Gospel values
- Knowledge of parish operations a plus
- Bilingual a plus
- Responsible for opening parish office
- Answer phones and greet visitors
- Manage Mass Intentions, Mass cards and Prayer Chain
- Data entry into Parish Data System: e.g. offertory collections, new parishioners, parishioner update
- Manage offertory envelopes
- Schedule the use of parish facilities
- Prepare correspondence, reports, memos, etc.
- Maintain and manage filing system
- Schedule appointments and meetings for Pastor
- Order office supplies
- Route incoming mail and preparing outgoing mail
- Assist parish staff as needed
- Other related tasks as assigned
Candidates must successfully pass a Level II FBI background screening and complete Safe Environment Training.
Qualified applicants please send cover letter and resume to Parish Manager, Leslie D’Elia at: email@example.com