St. Jerome Parish
St. Jerome Catholic Church is currently accepting applications for Assistant Youth Minister to continue a thriving Youth Ministry program. This position is full time.
The assistant Youth Minister will be work closely with Mr. Mike Guarino and report directly to Fr Robert Cadrecha for all things related to Youth ministry and to the Parish manager for all things pertaining to Human Resources. This unique opportunity, that is, where you will be working close with an experienced youth minister, will aid in preserving and supporting the ongoing growth of the youth program at St Jerome.
This position is responsible for supporting the Church’s Mission of serving our Middle School, Senior High and our Confirmation Preparation program, providing spiritual, logistical and organizational support to the Youth of the Parish. The candidate for this position should have some experience in Youth Ministry, even previously as a participant. This position requires general knowledge and acceptance of the teachings of the Catholic Church.
About St. Jerome: St. Jerome Catholic Church is located in Largo, Florida and is located minutes from Indian Rocks Beach. St. Jerome parish covers an area of west mid-Central Pinellas County with approximately 1,700 registered families and is actively seeking ways to meet the various spiritual and physical needs of the youth of our parish
This position will have responsibilities as follows:
Coordination of administrative requirements to support all High School and Middle School Youth Ministry parish-based activities.
This would include, but not be limited to:
- Weekly High School Life Nights
- Weekly Middle School Edge nights
- Frequently scheduled service opportunities and retreats
- Annual large group camp/retreat experiences (Life Teen/Edge Summer Camps, March for Life, World Youth Day, etc.)
- Creation of promotional material and media for Youth Ministry events, utilizing Constant Contact eBlasts, bulletin items and all social media outlets
- Build, form, and actively engage in relational ministry opportunities with students and parents
- Full support for preparation and reception of the Sacrament of Confirmation
- Assistance with proper Sacramental Record keeping for Confirmation
Qualifications and Skills:
- Very Strong Organizational Skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel
- Strong computer skills.
- Demonstration of a strong collaborative approach to working as part of a parish staff team
- Familiarity and experience with Social Networks such as Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- A strong understanding and ability to articulate the Catholic faith to young people
- Have catechetical experience in a parish faith formation, youth ministry or Catholic school setting
- Fully initiated, practicing Roman Catholic
Candidate must successfully pass a Level II FBI background screening and complete Safe Environment Training training.