Our Lady of Lourdes Parish
The parish bookkeeper works in the financial areas of the parish by performing various accounting and report functions. The Bookkeeper is involved in all aspects of the day-to-day accounting functions (A/R, A/P, and general ledger) of the organization; and will be actively involved in the month end closing process.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the collection counters and deposits of weekly collections.
- Maintains financial bookkeeping systems including accounts payable, receivable, payroll, and cash receipts.
- Records contributions and manages individual contributions recorded in Connect Now.
- Prepare year-end Giving Statements
- Prepares weekly deposits.
- Reviews payments for all invoices from vendors and reimbursements.
- Maintains electronic file system of all source documents by scanning.
- Distributes W-9 forms and reports 1099-misc to all contractors and service providers not on payroll.
- Balances accounts, ledgers and reconciles bank statements.
- Reviews monthly parish credit card transactions statement for accuracy and to categorize into the correct GL expense account.
- Prepares financial statements.
- Prepares and records bi-weekly Diocesan Payroll breakdown and records payroll/salary categories.
- Prepares and reviews quarterly financial reports for Finance Council meetings; arranges the meetings and distributes reports.
- Assists with budget and with stewardship/development program.
- Assists with Parish Human Resource transactions: new hires, terminations, statutes changes, benefits, payroll, etc.
- Utilizes accounting computer program to process and keep records.
- May assist with administration of the pension, medical, group life, and other insurance programs for employees.
- Helps in the preparation of the annual budget by providing the business manager with financial information including current budget allocations, year-to-date balances and anticipated financial needs for the future.
- Serves as staff to the Finance committee as requested.
- Provides bookkeeping services and advice for those who direct the various fund-raising efforts for the parish, including the Annual Appeal and special collections.
- Maintains bookkeeping skills and expertise by participating in diocesan-sponsored training, attendance at workshops and classes, and/or membership in local organizations.
- Other duties as assigned by the Pastor.
The Bookkeeper is directly accountable to and evaluated by the Pastor. The Bookkeeper is accountable to the Business Manager for time and attendance. Other collaborative relationships involve the following offices:
- Support and assist with parish wide events as needed.
- Collaborative/friendly work style with ability to project professionalism and sincerity.
- Possess good organizational skills and is capable of multi-tasking.
- Produce work in a timely manner and be able to meet deadlines.
- Detail-oriented, deadline-aware, persistent, helpful, team-minded and personable
- Great customer service skills
- Must be an active member of a Catholic community to express personal knowledge of the Catholic faith and commitment to Catholic ideals.
- Associate Degree in Accounting with extensive bookkeeping experience
- Have strong knowledge of accounting, Word, and Excel
- Have a basic knowledge of parish operations
Candidate must successfully complete a Level II FBI Background Screening and complete Safe Environment Training.
Qualified applicants please send resume to: Tanya@ourladydunedin.org