The Pastoral Center has a full-time position available providing bookkeeping services to parishes and schools within the diocese. This position offers flexibility in scheduling, and working from home as needed. There is some limited travel within the Diocese. The bookkeeper reports to the Director of Parish & Treasury Services.
- Intermediate knowledge of accounting
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience working with accounting and payroll software
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Can work independently with initiative and creativity, be detail oriented, generate work in a timely manner, be a self-starter and a team player
- Possess good communication skills
- Must be a person of faith committed to Gospel values and responsible stewardship of parish resources.
- College graduate preferred
- Knowledge of parish and parochial school operations a plus
- Flexible hours
- Bilingual a plus
At the Diocese of St. Petersburg you’ll enjoy a professional yet casual working environment. You will find the pace here fast, and exhilarating, filled with people who thrive on joyful cooperation. This is much more than a job – it is a ministry. You are expected to work in an atmosphere based on Catholic, Christian beliefs even if you are not Catholic. We encourage a deep faith life among all of our staff and that they be conscious of being a witness to the mission of Jesus Christ regardless of their position or the task being performed. All employees must realize that they represent more than just themselves and will be held to a high standard of accountability, whether on or off campus.
We offer an excellent benefits package including medical insurance, life insurance, short term disability insurance, long term disability insurance, and defined benefit pension plans all provided with no employee premiums for all full-time employees. We also have dental, vision, & 401(k) programs available.
Candidate must successfully complete a Level II FBI background screening and complete Safe Environment Training.
Qualified applicants please apply here: https://www.indeed.com/job/bookkeeper-84b9d86e41ecc329