St. Leo University
St. Leo, Florida
The Campus Minister is a vital and integral part of the ministry staff in providing Pastoral Care to the Saint Leo University Community. The Campus Minister works in collaboration with the Chaplain and the Office Manager for University Ministry in the development and execution of creative and dynamic spiritual and faith programming supporting the lives of students, staff and faculty. The Campus Minister seeks to cultivate full, conscious, active participation of the members of the university community and build sincere relationships with them so that they may, through the Holy Spirit, encounter God in their relationships with others through active engagement in pastoral care as a part of the university ministry team. The Campus Minister position is a 10 month position active during the months of July through April.
Duties and Tasks:
- Assist in coordinating Student retreats, Peer Minister retreat, and Small Faith Sharing communities.
- Attend Student Mass, Peer Minister meetings, University Ministry nights, Staff meetings, Bi-weekly one-on-one meetings with the Chaplain and all other University Ministry events.
- Mentor Peer Minister Team of 3, provide spiritual direction to SLU community and work with other departments for special events.
- Encourage participation and excitement in liturgy.
- Work closely with Peer Ministers and foster a mentoring relationship with them.
- Participate in personal development opportunities.
- Provide assistance in any area at the request of the Chaplain or the University President.
- As a member of the department’s Inter-Faith Committee seek out opportunities to collaborate with other university departments in the development of faith based shared activities, such as symposium dinners and other activities as assigned by the Chaplain
- Be available to all levels of the university community for counseling and spiritual direction
- Train and mentor students, create and develop programs, workshops and training aides to assist them in their spiritual and personal growth
- Support the University’s mission and core values as a contributing member of the University’s community.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Pastoral Studies, Religion, Social Science, or related discipline from a regionally or pontifically accredited college or university required.
- Masters in Pastoral Studies, Religion, Social Science, or related discipline from a regionally or pontifically accredited college or university preferred.
- Previous instructional experience in the field of pastoral studies, religion, or theology preferred.
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and education that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Must be practicing Roman Catholic.
- Minimum of two years of experience in ministry.
- Publicly adheres to Church teaching and the CCMA Code of Ethics. CCMA Professional Certification in Campus Ministry preferred.
- Has a detailed understanding of Roman Catholic doctrine.
- Able to develop and sustain effective professional relationships with Ministry Mentors, students and with college and university professionals.
- Pastoral Care and Counseling.
- Experience in ministry to any of the following is preferred: Greek life, student athletics, or online students.
- Demonstrates the ability to reflect theologically.
Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success.
Information on how to apply can be found on our website here: Employment at Saint Leo University – Workday (myworkdayjobs.com)