St. John Vianney Parish
St. Pete Beach
St. John Vianney Catholic Church and School is seeking to hire a Communications Coordinator to help us connect and engage with parishioners. This individual must have a knowledge of communications and marketing techniques, excellent writing skills, and an attention to detail.
The Communications Coordinator manages information in a variety of formats to share the mission and programs of St. John Vianney Catholic Church and School. It is a full-time, 40 hour per week position with benefits. This person reports directly to the Pastor and is a resource person for all employees and ministry leaders.
The Communications Coordinator is responsible for the weekly bulletin, weekly email updates to parishioners, the church and the school websites, social media for the church and the school, the occasional producing of print materials such as brochures and booklets, and other related tasks as needed.
- Knowledge of best practices in the areas of marketing, communications, website management and design.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent oral, writing, and editing skills with command of the English language (style, usage, grammar, and punctuation).
- Excellent computer skills and familiarity with graphic design software such as Microsoft Publisher, Adobe creative products, Canva, etc.
- Ability to collect information and communicate it in a clear way to the proper audience.
- Ability to maintain focus and accomplish tasks effectively in an environment that can be filled with interruptions and distractions.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding all aspects of the position.
- Ability to work in a timely manner and follow up with others.
- Willingness to learn new things and seek assistance when needed.
- College Degree with emphasis on creative, graphic design and/or marketing/communications.
- Must pass a Level II background screening and take safe environment classes upon hire.
Candidates may submit resumes and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. All resumes will be held in confidence and will continue to be received until the position is filled.