Christ the King Parish
Christ the King Catholic Church, a dynamic parish of 3,500 families in south Tampa, Florida is seeking a Full-time Coordinator for Communications and Public Relations who will communicate the mission, activity, and events of the parish. The Coordinator for Communications will be responsible for gathering input, organizing, designing, and editing the weekly bulletin, the weekly electronic newsletter, a weekly electronic reflection, and the website as well as all social media. The candidate will take photos or solicit others to take photos for use in parish communications.
In addition, the Coordinator will create and order print products such as banners, marquees, flyers, and postcards, and any other means to communicate and promote the activities of the parish. The Coordinator for Communications and Public Relations also may occasionally develop press releases and answer any inquiries from TV/newspapers regarding events or requests for interviews.
This is a full-time position which reports to the Director of Pastoral Ministry and Outreach
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of social media and digital communication tools.
- Experience managing website content.
- Knowledge of graphic design and photo editing.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent proofreading skills and attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, public relations, journalism, or a related field preferred but not required.
- Practicing Catholic willing to invest in and support the mission of Christ the King.
Candidate must successfully pass a Level II FBI Background Screening and complete Safe Environment Training prior to employment.
Please email cover letter and resume to Katie Holland: Kholland@CTK-Tampa.org