Prince of Peace Parish
Sun City Center
Prince of Peace Catholic Church is seeking a full time (40 hours) Coordinator of Evangelization. The Coordinator will work collaboratively with the parish clergy, staff and parishioners.
Successful candidate will be a practicing Catholic who will organize faith formation for children, adults, and family ministries and outreach, has proficiency in using Microsoft Office. The Coordinator is required to work flexible hours, including some Sundays.
Experience in parish ministry with a related degree is preferred, but a well-catechized Catholic with significant experience in a parish setting will be considered.
- Develops goals and objectives for catechetical programs within the framework of parish policies
- Directs the evangelization and Christian Formation for the parish children, youth, and young adults
- Organizes aspects of sacramental preparation for the young people of the parish
- Provides opportunities for parent formation and spiritual growth, and equips parents to take an active role in their children’s religious formation.
- Encourages parish leadership to focus on a dynamic proclamation of our faith to all members of the community
- Identifies opportunities for evangelization and spiritual growth
- Implements annual parish retreat opportunities (Advent, Lent) throughout the year
- Implements specific retreat experiences (Men, Women, Parish)
- Establishes monthly Sunday meal/program/gathering activity
- This job operates partly in an office setting, partly in a small group setting, and partly in a classroom setting
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets
- It also requires flexible hours including some Sundays
- Physical stamina to supervise children and youth
- Mobility to move about in a classroom or group setting
- Lifting and moving of materials and equipment for presentations
- Ability to drive – Travel may be needed to attend workshops and in-service trainings sponsored by the diocese and others (as approved by the Pastor).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Religious Education/Theology or other related field
- Three or more years of experience in parish related ministry is preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Utilization of Social Media
- Practicing Catholic in good standing
Candidates must successfully complete a Level II FBI background screening and complete Safe Environment Training.
Please send a letter of inquiry and resume to Maureen Vilcheck at: email@example.com.