Coordinator of Faith Formation ~ Part-Time
St. Joseph Parish, Tampa
St. Joseph Parish in Tampa is currently seeking to employ a Faith Formation. Our mission at St. Joseph is to create a community where the deep love and mercy of God is lived, experienced and shared.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Planning, organizing, leading and overseeing all Faith Formation program activities.
- Developing a program of religious instruction for children in grades KG through Confirmation.
- Recruiting catechists, and preparing or reviewing lesson plans for all grades.
- Registering students, preparing class lists, and collecting program fees.
- Maintaining attendance and sacramental records.
- Conducting meetings with catechists and families as necessary to communicate effectively the program goals and expectations.
- Be present for classes at designated times; supervising staff, disciplining students and communicating with parents as necessary.
- Conducting Parents FF.
- Attending staff meetings with pastoral team.
- Coordinate and implement diocesan safe environment requirements.
- Coordinate and support the RCIA Team.
- Regular presence and attendance at parish liturgies and functions.
Education: Minimum: Bachelor Degree
Preferred: Master’s Degree in Education, Theology or related field
Experience: Minimum: Teaching experience in a Catholic setting
Preferred: Teacher Certification with two years of teaching experience
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Experience: Minimum: Teaching experience in a Catholic setting
- Education: Minimum: Bachelor Degree
- Must be committed to the Roman Catholic faith and an active, practicing member.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to innovate
- Strong communication skills, including face-to-face, written, email and social media
- Team player and ability to work with families, volunteers and staff
- Ability to manage multiple catechists and grade levels.
Candidate must be able to work independently with little supervision.
The applicant must be fluent in English/Spanish. Salary offering will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Must pass a Level II FBI Background Screening and complete Safe Environment training
Interested candidates submit resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Joseph Catholic Church
3012 W Cherry St.
Tampa, Fl. 33607