St. Justin Martyr Parish
St. Justin Martyr Parish in Seminole is seeking to employ a Coordinator of Life Foundations and Youth Ministry on a part-time basis. The Coordinator leads catechists in teaching children in religious education and youth in activities.
Responsibilities would include the following:
- Design, plan and implement weekly religious education classes in both Catechesis of the Good Shepherd (ages 3 to 9) and traditional Religious Education grades 3 through 8.
- Recruiting and training voluntary catechists for religious education, and youth leaders for youth activities.
- Develop youth for leadership, spiritual and service opportunities.
- Assist the Director of Faith Formation in organizing and preparation of children to receive the sacraments of Eucharist and Confirmation.
- Participate with the Director-Faith Formation to integrate elementary children and youth processes into the life of the parish.
- Should be a visible member of the parish community and willing to work as a team player.
- Hours will be flexible with many hours covering class setup etc. on weekends, evenings and different times during the day.
Skills and Qualifications required include:
- Interpersonal and communication skills (verbal, listening and written).
- Attention to detail.
- Proficiency in computers and computer programs, problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills and
- Experience in office administration
- Being bi-lingual would be a definite plus for the position.
Bachelor’s degree or LPMI graduate would be preferred and Catechist certification required with Master Catechist preferred.
Candidate must be able to work and make decisions independently with little supervision.