With a spirit of evangelization and joy, the Digital Communications Manager sets and maintains high standards in the area of communications and evangelization to support the goals and vision of the Diocese of St Petersburg in a way that leads individuals and families toward communion, with each other and the Church. This position’s primary responsibilities are the development, posting and curation of all visual and written content to the Diocese’s digital communications platforms (i.e. website, social media, and new media technologies).
The Digital Communications Manager reports to the Executive Director of Communication. The position ensures web pages/content and social media posts are strategically planned, created, executed and evaluated for evangelization, effectiveness and brand compliance. The individual will also perform other duties as assigned by the Ex. Dir. of Communications or other members of the bishop’s executive staff.
As part of the position’s primary focus of developing, posting and curating digital content, the essential duties are as follows:
- Collaborate with the Exec. Dir. of Communications to develop and implement a digital communications plan for the Diocese of St. Petersburg that supports its Vision, Mission and Community Relations Program.
- Design graphics, write, produce and share content for use in print and digital platforms to promote the Diocese, ministries, leaders, events and brand.
- Create, draft and edit feature stories that inspire readers and show how Jesus Christ is moving hearts in our community.
- Develop, edit and maintain visual assets including video, photographs, podcasts, graphics, images and adaptations of printed designs for digital use.
- In coordination with the Ex. Dir. of Communications, provide consultation and guidance to ministries, parishes, schools and entities in planning and creating new digital, web and social media content and enhancing communications.
- Develop web and new media initiatives as needed to meet the changing technologies and communications needs of the Diocese.
- Must be a practicing Catholic with knowledge of and devotion to the Catholic faith. It’s helpful to have a knowledge of diocesan structures and local Catholic leaders.
- Handle highly confidential and sensitive information with discretion and confidentiality.
- Exhibits good judgement, is highly motivated and self-directed.
- Work outside typical business hours, as needed, to manage social media and digital media platforms, cover events and respond as needed to time sensitive situations.
- Technical Skills Helpful: Knowledge of and experience with WordPress, major social media platforms, photography, videography, livestreaming, YouTube, Illustrator, InDesign, Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, Canva, Boxcast, Flocknote, Buffer
- Bachelor’s Degree is required.
Candidate must successfully pass a level II FBI background screening and complete Safe Environment Training
To apply, click here