Diocese of Orlando
To discover “pathways to intensify communion and to render more penetrating the proclamation of His Word” (St. Pope John Paul II, The Rapid Development, 2005), and in a spirit of evangelization and collaboration, the Director of Communications is responsible for producing video and podcast segments for the Diocese of Orlando, Catholic Charities of Central Florida and various offices, ministries and entities. The Director of Communications is responsible for production of Florida Catholic Media, which includes overseeing budget and story development for the Florida Catholic. The Director of Communications oversees design of diocesan print materials and creates printed materials as appropriate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Professionally and effectively produces, writes and clearly communicates the tenets of the Catholic faith and effectively shows how our ministries, liturgies and charities are the principal ways to which we are called to live our Catholic faith.
- Produces videos for the diocese, Catholic Charities, offices and ministries and collaborates with production related vendors.
- Creates budgets of stories, photos, and videos to be covered in Florida Catholic Media and assigns coverage as appropriate or writes the stories, etc.
- Creates budgets of articles to be submitted to E-Scroll each week and assigns as appropriate.
- Edits articles and captions submitted by writers for Florida Catholic Media.
- Oversees the design of worship aids, flyers, brochures, backgrounders and other printed materials for diocese, Catholic Charities, offices and ministries.
- Collaborates with Florida Catholic Media state office to maintain engagement, relevance and marketability of the Florida Catholic.
- Oversees staff/freelance/volunteer writers, photographers and ace reporters who contribute to diocesan communications.
- Oversees website and online content, images and design and monitors analytics, providing monthly reports and analysis.
- Seeks to work collaboratively with other offices, parishes, schools and entities to evangelize by communicating the Good News of Jesus Christ and keeping this mission at the heart of all communication efforts.
- Proofreads and edits articles for timeliness, clarity, grammar and punctuation and style elements in accordance with AP and CNS styles.
- Juggles multiple projects and works well under tight deadlines.
- Assists with audio production as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing or related area and five to eight years of experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with writing for various platforms, including digital, print, video, radio, and more.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite extremely helpful.
- Requires flexibility with work hours and project assignments.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English helpful, as is comprehensive knowledge of the Catholic Church and its teachings. Practice of the Catholic faith is required. Church employees must conduct themselves in a manner that is consistent with and supportive of the mission and purpose of the Church. Their public behavior must not violate the faith, morals or laws of the Church or the policies of the diocese.
Go here to apply: Chancery – Director of Communications (paylocity.com)