Our Lady of Lourdes Parish, Dunedin
Director of Faith Formation and Sacraments
Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church is searching for a Director of Faith Formation and Sacraments. This is a full-time salary position with benefits. The Director is responsible for the supervision of all parish programs that bring evangelization and faith formation alive.
Direct Faith Formation program for EC2 – 5th Grade.
• Collaborate with Director of Youth and Young Adult ministry for the 6th-12th Grade catechetical programs
• Monitor RCIA process by working in collaboration with RCIA Director and Team
• Oversee all sacramental preparation for children, youth and adults for the sacraments of Baptism, Reconciliation, First Eucharist, Confirmation and Marriage
• Maintain calendar for Faith Formation & Sacramental programs
• Direct, recruit and train catechists and volunteers for all programs
• Promote catechist involvement in the Diocesan Certification Program
• Direct / Oversee all adult faith formation programs (Walking with Purpose, That Man is You, etc.)
• Plan / coordinate all parish summer camps (Vacation Bible School and any parish school camps) for EC3-8th grade
• Coordinate monthly parish Welcome Table and schedule volunteer team
• Work with Faith Formation Administrative Assistant to coordinate Parish Picnic
• Actively promote all Faith Formation events throughout the parish
• Maintain an accurate database of all participants in Faith Formation / Sacramental programs
• Partake in staff and team meetings, providing appropriate input, accurate assessments of programs and needs, and following through on information obtained
• Participate on Dynamic Parish Implementation Team.
Practicing Roman Catholic with knowledge of Church teachings and practices, whose lifestyle reflects Church values.
• Working knowledge of the National Catechetical Directory and “Renewing the Vision”
• Ability to direct and supervise catechists, and volunteers
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
• Proficiency with computer programs including Excel, Word, Outlook, Flocknote and Canva(or similar)
Candidates must pass a Level II FBI Background Screening and complete online Safe Environment Training.
Please send resume and references to Joy Bleiker at Joy@ourladydunedin.org. We will only respond to those resumes for which we have further interest.