St. Peter the Apostle Parish
Trinity (New Port Richey)
St. Peter the Apostle Catholic Church in Trinity (New Port Richey, Florida, one of the fastest growing parishes in the Diocese of St. Petersburg) is searching for a Director of Faith Formation and Youth Ministries. This is a full-time salary position with benefits. The Director is responsible for the supervision of all parish programs that bring evangelization and faith formation alive.
- Practicing Roman Catholic with knowledge of Church teachings and practices, whose lifestyle reflects Church values
- Working knowledge of the National Catechetical Directory and “Renewing the Vision”
- Ability to direct and supervise catechists, and volunteers
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Proficiency with computer programs including Excel, Word, Outlook, Flocknote and Canva (or similar)
- Direct Faith Formation program for EC2 – 5th Grade
- Youth and Young Adult ministry for the 6th-12th Grade catechetical programs
- Oversee all sacramental preparation for children, youth and adults for the sacraments of Baptism, Reconciliation, First Eucharist, Confirmation and Marriage
- Maintain calendar for Faith Formation & Sacramental programs
- Direct, recruit and train catechists and volunteers for all programs
- Promote catechist involvement in the Diocesan Certification Program
- Direct/Oversee all adult faith formation programs Plan / coordinate all parish summer camps (Vacation Bible School and any parish school camps) for EC3-8th grade
- Actively promote all Faith Formation events throughout the parish
- Maintain an accurate database of all participants in Faith Formation / Sacramental programs
- Partake in staff and team meetings, providing appropriate input, accurate assessments of programs and needs, and following through on information obtained
Candidate must successfully pass a Level II FBI Background Screening and complete online Safe Environment Training.
Please send resume and references to Karen Gerard: SptaJobs@sptatrinity.org. We will only respond to those resumes for which we have further interest.