Nativity Catholic Church has an immediate full-time opening for the Director of Faith Formation/Religious Ed K-8. We are seeking a self-motivated and team-oriented individual of high integrity who possesses a strong work ethic and is passionate about fulfilling their role as a worker in the vineyard dedicated to conducting “Christ’s work on earth”. This position coordinates closely with the Director of Adult Faith Formation/RCIA and the Director of Youth Ministry.
The position reports to the Director of Parish Life.
The Director of Faith Formation performs work of major responsibility requiring a high level of initiative, judgement, organizational ability, and knowledge of the interrelated functions of the position and the parish. Thus, the Director of Faith Formation plans, implements, oversees, and evaluates the religious education and Sacramental preparation of the parish community, grades K-8, with a goal of promoting new evangelization through discipleship and living faith.
- Practicing Catholic, faithful to the Magisterium and in good standing with the Catholic church
- Competence in theology, catechesis, program coordination, supervision, catechist development, and an application of age-appropriate teaching methods
- Excellent written and oral communication/presentation skills combined with knowledge of catechetical methodology and pedagogy in accordance with Magisterial Documents on Catechesis.
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite of products.
- At least 3 years of successful parish experience coordinating a parish faith formation program or 5 years of serving on parish Faith Formation Team with completion of Catechist Certification.
- Ability to recognize, honor and work with the diversity within the Nativity parish community
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
- Bachelor’s degree in a Theological or comparable area of study
Candidate must pass a Level II FBI Background Screening and complete online Safe Environment training prior to employment.
Please send cover letter, resume and references to Dr. Alice Murray, Director of Parish Life at email@example.com