Nativity Catholic Church and School is seeking a successful senior leader to be our next Director of Finance and Operations. We are looking for a seasoned, inspiring leader who has a passion and a sense of vocation for the Catholic Church and Catholic Formation. This is a full-time, exempt, benefits eligible position. Salary is commensurate with experience level.
Nativity Parish is a thriving, vibrant community of approximately 5,000 families, and 550 students in our PK3 – 8th grade school. We are a multi-cultural parish comprised of 65% English speaking, 25% Spanish speaking, and 10% Indian, Filipino, African American, and other ethnicities. We have 50+ lay ministries, a vibrant pastoral care ministry, and a flourishing food pantry.
This dynamic position requires effective collaboration and team building with clergy, school, ministerial, and operational leadership to foster our mission and parish life. This position encompasses leading and working hands-on with all aspects of financial management, risk management, human resource management, and facilities management.
Key responsibilities include:
- Annual budget preparation for the church and school based on forecasted offertory, and enrollment and tuition rate setting
- Developing, implementing, and documenting best business practices and internal controls
- Overseeing all financial matters including payroll, general ledger, and grants management
- Quarterly budget presentation to the Finance Council
- Overseeing daily facility operations and capital projects for the extended campus
Successful candidates will have/be the following:
- An engaged Catholic confident in a leadership and ministerial role
- Knowledgeable and confident in certified public accounting standards and principals
- Bachelors or masters degree in Business Administration
- Minimum ten years of experience in all aspects of financial management
- Minimum five years of experience in administration and team leadership
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish (helpful)
Candidate must successfully complete a Level II FBI background screening and attend Safe Environment Training.
Qualified candidates please submit a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org