Nativity Catholic Church in Brandon, Florida, is seeking an experienced Director of Youth Ministry. We are looking for a seasoned, inspiring leader who has a passion and a sense of vocation for Catholic youth ministry. This is a full-time, exempt, benefits eligible position.
Nativity Parish is a thriving, vibrant community of approximately 5,000 families. We are a multi-cultural parish comprised of 65% English speaking, 25% Spanish speaking, and 10% Indian, Filipino, African American, and other ethnicities. We have 50+ lay ministries, a vibrant pastoral care ministry, and a flourishing food pantry. Approximately 1,000 students attend K-8th grade parish Faith Formation programs, and 500+ students attend the PreK-8th grade parish school.
The Director of Youth Ministry will plan, develop, implement, and lead a ministry of education, spiritual growth, evangelism, service, and discipleship for youth in middle school and high school, and for young adults. This includes thinking strategically and holistically to view Youth Ministry as part of the whole church structure. The ideal candidate must have a clear understanding of relational ministry to ensure that youth meetings, liturgical celebrations, retreats, conferences, and other events are successful.
- Responsible for department’s overall plan and execution of such plan to catechize and evangelize the youth of the parish and the local community into faith-filled disciples of Christ.
- Responsible for safely and successfully planning and leading multiple off-campus and on-campus retreats, trips, and events.
- Directly responsible for leading LIFE Teen (high school) and Young Adult parish ministry programs.
- Coordinates with Middle School Youth Ministry Coordinator to seamlessly integrate youth ministry with Nativity School & Parish Faith Formation to foster overall growth of youth programs.
- Works with Adult Faith Formation Director and ECHO Apprentice to structure and facilitate a seasonal (October-January) formation program of High School Freshman preparing for the Sacrament of Confirmation.
- Develops, guides, and trains the adult and junior volunteer youth ministry leaders (Core Team) for LIFE Force (middle school), LIFE Force (high school), and Young Adult ministry programs.
- Communicates weekly on parish social media, website, bulletin, and announcements to promote and foster interest and engagement in youth ministry programs.
- Cultivates service ministry opportunities in the parish by working with Pastoral Care, Food Pantry, La Victoria, and other service ministries to create valuable stewardship of time and talent experiences for youth.
- Responsible for annual Youth Ministry budget, Diocesan Safe Environment compliance, and over-all administrative processes specific to youth ministry.
- Supervises part-time Middle School Youth Ministry Coordinator and part-time Administrative Assistant.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Active member of Roman Catholic faith community.
- Bachelor’s degree in Theology, Religious Studies, or closely related field.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Internet, Social Media.
- Ability to honor and maintain confidentiality.
- A minimum of 3 years prior experience in directing, teaching, leading, and developing Catholic youth ministry programs.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Bilingual- English/Spanish.
- National Certificate Program in Youth Ministry Studies completion.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Experience in leading and developing multicultural youth ministry programs.
- Experience in web and video design.
- Comfortable with public speaking.
- Comfortable in multicultural and multilingual parish environment.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Creative and self-starter.
Proposed Weekly Schedule:
- Sun: 2pm – 10pm (Office/LIFE Teen)
- Mon: 9am – 5pm (General office hours)
- Tue: 9am – 5pm (General office hours)
- Wed: 2pm – 10pm (Office/LIFE Teen)
- Thu: 2pm – 10pm (Office/Young Adult)
- Fri: Day off
- Sat: Day off
Candidate must successfully complete a Level II FBI background screening and complete Safe Environment Training.
Qualified applicants please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org