St. Catherine of Siena
St Catherine of Siena Catholic Church is seeking an Evangelization and Communication Director. This full-time position is charged with engaging current parishioners and potential church members through social and educational events, as well as direct outreach in the community. The Evangelization and Communication Director will also implement a cohesive and effective communications strategy for the parish.
- Manages the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic communications. This includes, but not limited to, weekly print bulletin, social media, electronic newsletters, brochures, and St. Catherine of Siena parish website.
- Schedules content and engages followers across social media platforms.
- Maintains a working knowledge of principles of diocesan Social Communications Policy and best practices
- Highly motivated, creative individual with a passion for connecting with current and future parishioners.
- Facilitates assignments and projects consistent with the responsibility level of Communications and general duties of a Coordinator.
- Organizes and supports a core ministry team of parish volunteers to provide leadership to evangelization and communication activities in the parish.
- Supports evangelization outreach such as new parishioner events, name tag Sundays, social activities, parties, outreach to inactive registered parishioners, and after-mass hospitality.
- Collaborates with Parish Council, ministry leaders, and staff leadership team in the overall parish planning.
- Demonstrates passion for outreach, community organizing, and parish ministry.
- Available nights and weekends for select special events for the parish.
- The ideal candidate will be an energetic, practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church.
- Degree in Communications, Marketing, or relevant discipline.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Passage of a Level II FBI background screening
- Completion of Diocesan Safe Environment Training
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience with social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Skilled Canva, Microsoft Publisher, WordPress, and other relevant software.
- Experience in Photography, Videography, and Adobe Creative Cloud software is a plus.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus.
- Background in ministry, theology and/or church traditions.
Candidate must successfully pass a Level II Background Screening and complete Safe Environment Training.
This full-time, exempt position reports directly to the pastor. Please send cover letter and resume (including three references) to parish search committee via Leslie D’Elia at: firstname.lastname@example.org