The Pastoral Center of the Diocese of St Petersburg is seeking a senior executive position, Executive Director of Operations. This position is a member of the executive leadership team of the Diocese, appointed by and reporting directly to the Bishop. As structured, this person is responsible for: the Construction Department, Calvary Cemetery, Bethany Center, Internal Services Department, Stewardship Department, Annual Pastoral Appeal Office, Real Estate and Planning), Office of Catholic Schools, and, serves as a member of various consultative and canonical boards.
Essential Functions / Job Responsibilities:
- Coordinate services of the Pastoral Center to ensure all activities reflect the decisions of the Bishop.
- Supervises the activities of the various departments as assigned by the Bishop. This responsibility includes the performance evaluation of program Directors and Executive Directors.
- Evaluates and recommends organizational needs to the Bishop and implements his decisions.
- Serves as a member of the of the Diocesan Finance Council; a Trustee of the Diocesan Savings and Loan Trust; a Trustee of the Diocesan Insurance Trust; a Trustee on the Miserere Guild (Diocesan Cemetery Board); a Trustee on the Emmaus Foundation (dba The Catholic Foundation); a Trustee of the Holy Cross Cemetery, Inc.; a Board member of Bethany Center, Inc.; a Director of the Diocese of St. Petersburg, Inc; a Trustee of the Catholic Education Foundation, Inc.
- Coordinates with and assists the Vicar General.
The Executive Director of Operations is directly accountable to the Bishop, and serves as a trusted adviser and supportive collaborator in his administration of the Diocese. Coordination with the Vicar General, and their office support staff is critical for the functioning of the diocesan executive offices. As Secretary for Administration, the on-going collaboration with priests, deacons and lay people in the various ministries is essential.
The job requires occasional travel throughout the diocese and may include evening and weekend time commitments. The position requires moderate lifting/carrying of materials and equipment.
Qualifications, Qualities and Skills:
- Be an active and practicing Catholic, with knowledge and understanding of the Catholic Church’s mission, structure, operation, and ministry.
- Have excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and analysis and decision making abilities.
- Have a high level of initiative and consistently sound judgement.
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrate management, leadership, and supervisory abilities in a collegial setting.
- Be pastorally credible and able to effectively communicate with priests, religious and lay leadership, and with Diocesan staff.
- Be gifted with perseverance to be able to see a job through to completion. Computer literacy helpful; teaching and presentation skills required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
Minimum education requirement:
Bachelor Degree required; advanced degree preferable
At the Diocese of St. Petersburg you’ll enjoy a professional yet casual working environment. You will find the pace here fast and exhilarating, filled with people who thrive on joyful cooperation. This is much more than a job – it is a ministry. You are expected to work in an atmosphere based on Catholic, Christian beliefs even if you are not Catholic. We encourage a deep faith life among all of our staff and that they be conscious of being a witness to Christ regardless of their position or the task being performed. All employees must realize that they represent more than just themselves and will be held to a high standard of accountability, whether on or off campus.
We offer an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, pension & 401(k).
Candidates must successfully pass a Level II FBI background screening and complete Safe Environment Training.
Qualified applicants please apply here: https://www.indeed.com/job/executive-director-operations-c9fdee7714ccf55b