Cathedral of St. Jude
The mission of the Facilities Maintenance-Staff is to serve and assist the Cathedral of St. Jude the Apostle in the proper methods of maintaining physical facilities. The facilities include the parish, school, and grounds.
The ultimate goal is for all facilities to be in good order and to provide preventative maintenance on a regular basis.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assures the parish and school buildings are maintained in a clean and orderly manner.
- Cleans the cafeteria after school lunches to include aligning tables and chairs, sweeping, wet mop, emptying trash.
- Provides general assistance as needed through setting up chairs and tables in the facilities as requested, hauling and moving items, picking up parts or other equipment, running errands.
- Performs general maintenance of the rectory, church, and school buildings. Accomplishes this by doing light carpentry work, plumbing, painting, minor electrical, and repair work on the facilities as needed.
- Assures the collection and disposal of trash and garbage.
- Assists staff and ministries as needed (i.e. AC, sound equipment, access and securing facilities)
- Reports cleaning and maintenance inventory needs to supervisor.
PARISH & DIOCESAN EVENTS:
- Support and assist with parish & diocesan wide events as needed.
- Ability to communicate and offer assistance to parish staff and organizations.
- Ability to represent the parish to outside businesses and organizations.
- Ability to work without supervision
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- On-call availability for emergencies.
- Work overtime as needed.
- Maintain positive working relationship with staff.
- lift 50 pounds
- stay on feet for extended periods of time
- Familiarity with basic carpentry, plumbing, electric, painting
Candidate must successfully pass a Level II FBI Background Screening and complete Safe Environment Training.
To apply, click here