St. Peter the Apostle Parish
Trinity (New Port Richey)
St. Peter the Apostle Catholic Church in Trinity (New Port Richey, Florida, one of the fastest growing parishes in the Diocese of St. Petersburg) is searching for a part-time or full-time Facilities Technician
The parish is open to both part-time or full-time employment depending on the candidate’s skills and needs. Pay rate will be hourly.
This position is responsible for the custodial and mechanical upkeep of the parish campus, including church, offices, education building, landscaping, parking lots/structures, trash, amenity and common areas. required repairs and janitorial work are completed in a timely and professional manner.
This position requires a team player attitude, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, attention to details and project coordination with the ability to multitask on an ongoing basis. The Facilities Technician will collaborate with and support the Pastor, parish staff, and parishioners.
- Perform routine custodial and mechanical work on the parish campus. Areas include offices, church, education rooms, restrooms and common areas.
- Assist in moving/arranging small furniture as needed. For example, moving folding tables or chairs to help set up for meetings.
- Ensure building and property follow all standards and codes daily.
- Performs all maintenance and janitorial tasks.
- Performs repairs, to minimize facility interruptions.
- Perform any painting, drywall repairs, or repairs to maintain beauty of campus
- Can perform light plumbing, electrical, and HVAC preventative maintenance
- Schedule and perform daily, weekly, and monthly facilities maintenance checklists.
- Coordinate maintenance work order requests and follow up to ensure completion of work orders.
- Monitor property to ensure compliance with maintenance, safety, and security.
- Initiate work orders or proposal requests
- Coordinate and inspect outside vendor maintenance repairs.
- Respond to property emergencies and resolve them immediately (ex. alarm calls)
- Will occasionally be needed to work irregular hours, including weekends or evenings
- Basic knowledge of plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and air conditioning
- Knowledge of and experience with basic power and hand tools
- Knowledge of cleaning materials and chemicals used
- Able to occasionally work irregular hours
- Excellent attention to details
- Good time management skills
- Team player, willing to pitch-in when needed
- Integrity and trustworthiness
- Able to follow directions and work independently
- Mature, courteous, and able to interact and work with others.
- Able to safely lift 50 pounds or more
- Able to safely climb ladders
- Minimum 1 year of experience in residential, hotel, or facilities janitorial services.
- High School diploma or equivalency certificate required.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Must be proficient in speaking, reading, and writing in English.
- Basic computer skills (email, internet, etc.).
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of basic tools
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
Candidate must successfully pass a Level II FBI Background Screening and complete Safe Environment Training.
To apply, please send resume to: email@example.com