Our Lady of Divine Providence House of Prayer
The Finance and Business Systems Manager is responsible for providing and maintaining financial, accounting, and purchasing services to support the mission of Our Lady of Divine Providence House of Prayer ® Inc and Our Lady of Divine Providence House of Prayer Foundation, Inc.®. In addition, this position also provides leadership in the policies, strategy, and administration of the information systems used by the organization.
This role reports to the President of Our Lady of Divine Providence use of Prayer ® Inc. There are no direct reports to this position. Assisting volunteers are available. Duties may include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Coordinate the annual budget process. Provide performance reporting analysis against the budget. Investigate and report significant variances from expectations.
- Create timely monthly, quarterly, cost center, and ad-hoc reports which analyze and inform stakeholders of the status of the organization, individual initiatives and cost centers.
- Ensure an appropriate internal controls framework is in place throughout the various systems, transactions, and processes.
- Ensure that timely and accurate accounting transactions are performed in the General Ledger and P&L in accordance with appropriate FASB guidance. These may be transactions performed by self, others, or via system interfaces.
- Make timely payments as needed on behalf of the organization (e.g., credit card, e-check, petty cash, etc..). Ensure accruals for pre-paid expenses and restricted donations are appropriately accounted for. Calculate periodic depreciation. Ensure integrity of inter-company transactions.
- Perform necessary reconciliations to ensure all transactions have been accounted for (e.g., bank reconciliation, external collection systems, accounts receivables, etc.). Investigate and follow up as necessary.
- Responsible for bank deposits, payroll processing, merchant processing systems, and donation documentation.
- Keep appropriate records for auditing. Participate with auditors when requested.
- Establish and evaluate contracts which are required to support the organization.
- Work with insurance providers to obtain required coverages for various insurances needed by the organization.
- Procure items as needed from call off contracts or by individual purchase.
- Monitor and evaluate purchases made by others.
Business Systems Management
- Acts as administrator of internal systems as well as with our external IT platforms.
- Interface with IT vendors and consultants to assist with website and with updating the hardware, software, and network for the site.
- Assist with online registrations for the Marian Servants of Divine Providence website and liaise with other communities and manage the “click and pledge” donation portal
- Recommend information technology strategies, policies, and procedures. Evaluation of existing systems for value.
- Provides administrative support to the President as needed
- Supports the Board of Directors of the House of Prayer Inc and the House of Prayer Foundation with reports, minutes, and other materials.
- Lend expertise and advice to others at the site to accomplish the MSDP goals
- B.S. or higher degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required
- 5+ years finance/accounting experience preferred
- Payroll and financial systems experience required
- Working knowledge of accounting practices and financial statement relationships required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required
- Experience using QuickBooks and Salesforce software strongly preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required
- Must be able to follow directions, have excellent attention to detail, time management skills, work independently and maintain confidentiality.
- Must be mature, courteous, and able to interact and work with others.
- Candidate must successfully complete a Level II FBI background screening and complete Safe Environment Training.
- Three business references required
Qualified candidates please submit your resume to: Info@divineprovidence.org