Our Lady of Divine Providence House of Prayer Inc
Our Lady of Divine Providence House of Prayer® Inc., Clearwater
Full Charge Bookkeeper– Full Time Position
$48K to $60K- based on experience
The Full Charge Bookkeeper is responsible for all accounting activities of Our Lady of Divine Providence House of Prayer®, Inc. and Our Lady of Divine Providence House of Prayer Foundation® , Inc.including providing and maintaining financial, accounting, and purchasing services to support our mission. In addition, this position also assists with policies, strategy, and administration of the information systems used by the organization.
This role reports to the President of Our Lady of Divine Providence House of Prayer®, Inc. There are no direct reports to this position. Assisting volunteers are available. Duties may include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Coordinate the annual budget process. Provide performance reporting analysis against the budget. Investigate and report significant variances from expectations.
- Prepare financial statements.
- Create timely monthly, quarterly, cost center, and ad-hoc reports which analyze and inform stakeholders of the status of the organization, individual initiatives and cost centers.
- Ensure an appropriate internal control framework is in place throughout the various systems, transactions, and processes.
- Ensure that timely and accurate accounting transactions are performed in the General Ledger and P&L in accordance with appropriate FASB guidance. These may be transactions performed by self, others, or via system interfaces.
- Make timely payments as needed on behalf of the organization (e.g., credit card, e-check, petty cash, etc..). Ensure accruals for pre-paid expenses and restricted donations are appropriately accounted for. Calculate periodic depreciation. Ensure integrity of inter-company transactions.
- Perform necessary reconciliations to ensure all transactions have been accounted for (e.g., bank reconciliation, external collection systems, accounts receivable, etc.). Investigate and follow up as necessary.
- Responsible for bank deposits, payroll processing, merchant processing systems, and donation documentation.
- Keep appropriate records for auditing. Participate with auditors when requested.
- Establish and evaluate contracts which are required to support the organization.
- Work with insurance providers to obtain required coverage for various insurances needed by the organization.
- Procure items as needed from call off contracts or by individual purchase.
- Monitor and evaluate purchases made by others.
Business Systems Management
- Assist with administration of internal systems and interfaces with vendors of external IT platforms as it relates to accounting needs
- Assist with online registrations for the Marian Servants of Divine Providence website and liaise with other communities and manage the “click and pledge” donation portal
- Provides administrative support to the President as needed
- Supports the Board of Directors of the House of Prayer Inc. and the House of Prayer Foundation with reports, minutes, and other materials.
- Lend expertise and advice to others at the site to accomplish the House of Prayer and Marian Servants goals
- 5+ years finance/accounting experience required
- B.S. degree in Accounting or related field preferred
- Accounts Payables and Receivables experience required
- Payroll and financial systems experience required
- Working knowledge of accounting practices and financial statement relationships required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required
- Experience using QuickBooks and Salesforce software strongly preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills required
- Must be able to follow directions, have excellent attention to detail, time management skills, work independently and maintain confidentiality.
- Must be mature, courteous, and able to interact and work with others.
- Candidate must successfully complete a Level II FBI background screening and complete Safe Environment Training.
- Must be willing to use personal car to go to bank and post office for banking transactions and accounting/business related mailings
- Three business references required
Interested candidates please send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org