Human Resource Director ~ Full-Time
Society of St. Vincent de Paul, St. Petersburg
MISSION STATEMENT: The mission of Society of St. Vincent de Paul South Pinellas, Inc. is to alleviate pain and suffering, in a spirit of justice and charity, through person-to-person involvement.
SUMMARY: The HR Director supports the people management functions that underpin the business culture and overall mission of SVdPSP. This individual will be responsible for planning, directing and coordinating functions relating to strategic planning, communication with various levels of management in the organization and employee relations issues that maintain and enhance the overall mission and objectives, human resources policies, practices and procedures of SVdPSP.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (These essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job-related duties as required. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at this time)
- Prepare, recommend and maintain records and procedures for controlling personnel
- Coach directors/ managers on personnel issues and performance management issues and processes
- Provide guidance on staff development for managers and their teams
- Manage talent and succession planning
- Assist Directors and Managers in taking overall responsibility for recruitment.
- Advise and support employees on company benefits
- Make recommendations to the Executive Team for creating or revising Policies and Procedures
- Ensure all company HR policies and procedures are up to date and in line with current employment law. Ensure department managers are up to date with changes to any HR policies
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures agency’s compliance
- Coordinate and/or conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separation
- Consult with legal counsel as necessary and as directed by the Chief Executive Officer on personnel matters
- Advise PQI Risk Management Committee on HR related matters
- Respond to complex disciplinary/grievance issues
- Facilitate orientation trainings
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.)
- Able to speak, write and understand English
- Possess basic computer skills
- Must be sensitive to and respect cultural diversity amongst clients, staff and volunteers and able to work with diverse racial, ethnic and economic groups
- Flexible work schedule including evenings, nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to set appropriate limits, work under deadlines and multi-task
- Ability to organize, prioritize, self-motivate, and deliver results
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Possess strong work ethics
- Successfully pass Law Enforcement background screening
- Valid Florida driver’s license if driving an agency vehicle or a personal vehicle for company business
- Must have reliable transportation
- Participate in Agency Performance Quality Improvement (PQI) program and Accreditation/ Reaccreditation process
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: (Pending on position and if prior to hire is approved by Chief Executive Officer, a comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum education qualifications)
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or related field; Master’s in HR or related field preferred
- PHR or SHRM-CP required
- At least five years increasingly responsible role in human resources
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook
- At least 5 year’s supervisory experience
MENTAL DEMANDS: Must handle new and diverse work problems on a daily basis. Personal maturity is an important attribute. Must be able to resolve problems, handle conflict, and make effective decisions under pressure. Must have the ability to listen objectively to people, perceive the real problem and assist in bringing issues to a successful conclusion. Must relate and interact with, volunteers, clients, contractors, visitors and employees at all levels within the Agency.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Environment will occasionally become noisy due to equipment operations and interactions among clients and staff. There may be the possibility of being exposed to communicable disease, possible exposure to verbal abuse or similar behavior from residents/clients. On an as needed basis, employees may be called upon to work outside of the established work schedule, or work odd hours. All information associated with the Agency is confidential.
To apply for this position, please submit resume, along with salary requirements to email@example.com.
Resumes without non-profit experience will not be considered.