Pastoral Center, St. Petersburg
Maintain the IT Infrastructure of pastoral center and supported diocesan entities. This includes Microsoft Office 365 administration, Windows server administration, monitoring network connectivity and utilization, virtualization, performance, backups and restores. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems and relies on experience and judgment to escalated issues to vendors.
Essential Functions / Job Responsibilities:
- System administrator for pastoral center and supported entities. Directly manage or delegate the Microsoft Office 365 administration, administration of operating system, network security, directory services, server virtualization, system backup, system restore, system and network monitoring.
- End user desktop computer administration, as needed, is a component of this position.
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation as it relates to server and network topology, equipment, and configuration(s).
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve problems all systems administered in a timely fashion.
- Plan and manage after-hours upgrades and troubleshooting as needed.
- Utilize superior customer service skills to act as an escalation for desktop support technicians.
- Manage systems at the Pastoral Center and supported entities during business hours. It is expected that a majority of the activities, including work on supported entities, will be handed from the pastoral center via remote access. Some travel may occur, but the expectation is that it will be limited.
- Conduct software maintenance with minimum downtime.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- Works with Pastoral Center staff and IT department technicians on a daily basis.
- Works with vendor representatives as needed.
- Ability to present ideas and solutions in user-friendly language.
Qualities and Skills
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or 6 years equivalent work experience.
- Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator
- Strong customer service orientation
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a production environment.
- Ability to conduct research into hardware, software and product issues as required.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
Note: This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of difficulty that will be required by this position. The use of a particular expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level of difficulty.
Candidate must pass Level II FBI background screening and attend Safe Environment Training.