GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Responsible for the effective, efficient and safe maintenance, renovation and upkeep of parish buildings and grounds.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES include the following:
- Responsible for and personally maintains, renovates, and sees to the upkeep of the parish buildings, mechanical, plumbing and electrical systems and grounds. May conduct preventative maintenance, safety and energy conservation audits.
- Maintains parish grounds including mowing, watering and edging lawns, planting and maintaining plants and shrubs, use of grounds equipment and hand tools, weeding, pruning and raking on a seasonal basis, and performs general maintenance as needed.
- Provides routine maintenance including light carpentry and plumbing and minor repair work on the facilities for the parish buildings and grounds.
- Responsible for cleaning parish hall, classrooms, lavatories, offices, and kitchens, including collection and removal of trash and garbage. Includes periodic janitorial duties such as floor waxing, window washing, and carpet cleaning.
- Sets up hall and meeting rooms, and may include building opening and closing.
- Assists with seasonal changes in church environment, (ie: Christmas and Easter décor)
- Serves as a resource to staff regarding building operations.
- Assures the routine operation of all plant systems and equipment. Conducts periodic equipment maintenance checks as well as checking plumbing, electrical, drainage, time and security systems.
- Implements safety and security procedures.
- Seasonal maintenance needs for lawn and shrub care and roof and gutter cleaning.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Able to honor and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to provide own transportation for job-related responsibilities.
- High School diploma.
- Experience with building and grounds maintenance or industrial maintenance.
- A working knowledge of all phases of building construction.
- A working knowledge of lawn care functions (seeding, fertilizing, mowing aerating.)
- A working knowledge of road and parking lot maintenance and repair.
- Ability to diagnose and perform mechanical repairs.
- Ability to work from ladders, adjust to height and close quarters, withstand heat and cold, good eye-hand coordination and flexibility.
- On-call availability for emergencies.
Candidate must successfully pass a Level II FBI background screening and complete Safe Environment Training.
To apply, email Alice at: firstname.lastname@example.org