St. Paul Parish
St. Paul Catholic Church is seeking a full-time Middle School Religious Education Coordinator who is fully initiated Catholic in good standing, with a profound relationship with the Lord and His Church. The RE Coordinator, among other duties, will be expected to create and coordinate the catechetical program for youth in grades 6-8. Must be willing to be an active member of our parish.
This position is a full-time exempt position and works directly with the pastor, the parochial vicars, and deacons, and reports directly to the DRE.
Skills and Responsibilities:
- Able to relate to youth and parents
- Possess very good organizational skills
- Promote “intentional discipleship” opportunities with families and catechists
- Able to inspire, recruit, and train catechists
- Set up for classrooms and fellowship time before class time
- Evaluate and supervise curriculum for 6-8th grades
- Responsible for weekly bulletin information, promoting middle school using all media
- Communicate regularly with catechists, parents
- Coordinate Confirmation Program and facilitate Confirmation workshops and retreats
- Able to coordinate and oversee middle school retreats, socials, and service project events
- Able to administer the NCEA Assessment of Catholic Religious Education (ACRE) for grades 8
- Be available to participate in Faith Formation registration drives, Advent Gathering Easter Egg Hunt, All Hallows Eve Mass, staff retreats and weekly staff and team meetings
B.A., preferred in Theology and youth ministry certification. Candidate should have several years’ experience in Faith Formation and/or Youth Ministry and have experience in organizing retreats and activities.
Candidate must successfully complete a Level II FBI background screening and attend Safe Environment Training.
Qualified candidates should send an email to Carmen Cayon at: email@example.com .