Sacred Heart Parish
Working under the supervision of the Pastor and Parochial Vicars, the Organist/Pianist provides appropriate liturgical music at Sacred Heart Catholic Church masses, organ or piano accompaniment of Cantors, Soloist and Parish Community, to encourage a prayerful, singing assembly, which joins in the liturgy expressing the Gospel message through sacred music.
- Must have some formal training in playing the organ and/or piano.
- Must have a least a year of experience providing musical accompaniment for cantors, soloists, a choir and parishioners
- Must be familiar with the current liturgical traditions of the Catholic Church
- Must be available to work daily and weekend masses, including Holy Days
- Must be able to sit and play the organ or piano for 1-2 hours at a stretch for rehearsals and liturgies with reasonable breaks. Must be able to bend a stoop occasionally.
Candidate must successfully complete a FBI Level II background screening and complete Safe Environment Training.
Qualified candidates should send their resume and inquiries to Father Ron Gliatta, OFM at: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Friar Henry, OFM 813-229-1595 ext 213 by April 2, 2021