St. Timothy Catholic Church, Lutz
The Parish Accountant is responsible for preparing, managing and maintaining the financial data and personnel records of the parish to include preparing all financial reports for monthly Finance Council meetings and the Diocese Finance Office.
The Parish Accountant/Bookkeeper must be able to work cooperatively in a team environment with clergy, paid staff and volunteers.
The Parish Accountant must:
- Have good written and oral communication skills.
- Have experience and skills with payroll, accounts payable and general ledger accounting software and proficient with current versions of Microsoft Office software products (especially Excel, Word and Office 365).
- Be able to work independently without supervision.
- Maintain confidentiality in all areas of responsibilities.
- Be responsive to requests of the Pastor, Parish Manager and Finance Council.
The Parish Accountant should be experienced as a full-charge bookkeeper with bookkeeping and accounting background due to tax issues and payroll requirements. High School diploma is required. (Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred.)
Must pass a Level II FBI Background Screening and complete on line Safe Environment Training.
Applicants may submit a cover letter along with resume to Brian Smith, Parish Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than December 12th.