Corpus Christi Parish
The Parish Business Manager is an administrator in support of the Pastor’s responsibilities to the parish, and is a responsible for the overall operation of a very active Parish of 1400 families, within the Diocese of St. Petersburg. This is a full time position with benefits and reports to the Pastor/Administrator.
- Maintains accuracy of all financial files and records and establishes a responsible cash flow management system.
- Prepares, administers, and reviews budget process for Parish which is subject to review and/or approval by the Parish Finance Council, as required.
- Analyze and make recommendations pertaining to all financial decisions and questions facing the Parish
- Acts as liaison between the parish and the diocese in financial matters and human resources issues
- Maximizes cash management resources
- Coordinates and reviews parish organizations and ministry funds
- Provides bookkeeping services as A/R, A/P, GL and Collections
- Maintain and build strong relationship but internal and external
- Review parish staff needs and makes appropriate recommendations
- Provides professional support to parish staff
- Oversees the management of the parish records
- Coordinates parish liability and property insurance, worker’s compensation with the Diocese general insurance program
- Oversees staff activities in general
- Consults with and advises Pastor on business and administrative matters that affect the parish
- Coordinates onboarding of new employees
- Uses Paylocity to provide the payroll for lay employees and clergy of the parish
- Works with other parish staff members to maintain compliance with the Diocese of St. Petersburg for Background Screening and Safe Environment Training of lay employees and volunteers.
- A.A. or B.A. degree in Accounting or Business Management preferred
- Critical thinker, ability to provide analytical approach to managing the facility
- Five to seven years’ experience in a similar position.
- Ability to manage indirect and direct reports through strong leadership skills
- Experience with an automated payroll/timekeeping system.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Understands importance of maintaining confidentiality.
- Able to handle multi-tasks and work independently.
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite (word, power point, excel).
Candidate must successfully pass a FBI Level II Background Screening and complete Safe Environment training prior to start of employment.
Qualified applicants please send resume and cover letter to Fr. Mike Smith, Pastor at: email@example.com