St. Timothy Parish
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES: St. Timothy Catholic Church in Lutz, FL, is searching for dynamic and collaborative Parish Business Manager to help foster the mission and life of the Parish. St. Timothy’s was founded in 1986 and has grown and currently serves over 2000 families. The Parish Business Manager supports the Pastor in administrative responsibilities and is a member of the Parish Leadership Team under the direction and vision of the Pastor. The Parish Business Manager is a steward of the financial, physical, and human resources of the parish and has fiduciary responsibility for these areas and works to ensure the parish business practices align with the Mission, Vision, and Values of the parish. The Parish Manager oversees the parish secretary, parish bookkeeper/accountant, maintenance staff, and the front desk receptionists. The Parish Business Manager will help foster and maintain deeper relationships with parish staff, volunteers, members of the local community, and with Mother Teresa of Calcutta Catholic School personnel.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: (The essential functions/major responsibilities listed are intended only as illustrations of the diverse types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position. Duties and responsibilities are also subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.)
- Parish Mission: Collaborates with the Pastor and other staff in implementing the mission of the Parish. This is accomplished by participating in the comprehensive planning, implementation, and evaluation of the parish goals and objectives, with specific focus on prudent stewardship of the parish’s human, financial, and capital resources. Incumbent also collaborates in regional/deanery planning and program efforts.
- Financial Management/Accounting: Provides an annual report for parishioners to communicate our financial status. Oversees the required records and ensures financial books are in balance and current, as well as prepares all reports and records for Federal, State, and Diocesan requirements. Collaborates with the Pastor, and Parish Finance Council to prepare and implement a multi-year parish development plan. Assists the Pastor with all major fundraising programs, including stewardship programs, capital campaign, endowment/legacy programs, and all diocesan campaigns. Educates parishioners on planned giving possibilities to help the financial future of the parish. Seeks bids for maintenance and capital improvement projects.
- Stewardship: Coordinates the parish’s Sunday & Holy Day Offertory efforts and Diocesan Catholic Ministry Appeal, as well as promotes and coordinates deferred giving, the Capital Improvement Fund Program, and the diocesan/national Catholic campaigns. Incumbent is accountable to the parishioners of their offertory income throughout the year and provides a report to the parishioners of their giving records minimally on an annual basis. Maintains a working relationship with major donors. Coordinates parish memorials and endowments. Serves as the support staff to the Pastor’s stewardship team and promotes stewardship as a way of life throughout the parish. St. Timothy’s is a Stewardship Parish which tithes 10% of its revenue annually, so the Parish Business Manager will cooperate with the Leadership Team, under the direction of the Pastor, to encourage Stewardship across the parish community.
- Budget Process: Prepares a comprehensive annual parish budget, including revenue and expense projections, for review and approval by the Pastor in consultation with the Parish Finance Council; The success of the process is accomplished by assisting each ministry with their annual budgets for presentation to their respective commissions, the Parish Finance Council, and the Pastoral Council. Provides the Parish Finance Council with revenue and expense projections/analysis monthly. Duties also include overseeing the budgets throughout the year to assess the ongoing budgetary goals of the Parish, and to be of assistance to each ministry in interpreting their budget monthly. Reports each month to the Pastoral Council on the financial status of the parish. Incumbent is responsible for managing the general parish, pastoral administration budgets, capital, and technology budgets.
- Parish Facilities: Oversees the development and implementation of the facilities, equipment, and technology strategic plans. Manages major repairs, renovations, and capital projects. Acts as a liaison to Diocesan administrative offices. Oversees all aspects of parish security, leasing, rental, and parish facilities usage. Acts as a liaison to local government agencies.
- Communications/Calendar: Collaborates with all staff to develop and implement a Communications, Social Media, and Strategic Marketing plan. Helps the Parish Secretary with the calendar process and all communications as needed. Coordinates with and oversees the IT of the parish so it assists in the mission and vision of the parish.
- Human Resources/Risk Management: Oversees all Human Resources needs for the entire staff and maintains personnel files. Oversees the development and maintenance of position descriptions, including staff responsibilities and qualifications, as well as assisting with the coordination of professional development opportunities, and personal retreats. Oversees the development and implementation of guidelines and policies for volunteers and assists in the recruitment, training, and support of necessary volunteers. Oversees insurance related matters of the facilities and personnel, accomplishing this by preparing reports to be filed with Catholic Mutual, as necessary and aid staff members with matters of risk and liability. Incumbent assists in the filing of worker’s compensation claims and reports. Ensures the parish grounds are maintained and risk averse.
- Purchasing: Assures the development and maintenance of a total Parish inventory of all durable and consumable goods. The incumbent can successfully manage the inventory by evaluating expenditures and assuring that services, supplies and equipment are purchased at the best possible price, terms, discounts, and vendor levels, and without conflicts of interests.
The Parish Business Manager is directly accountable to and evaluated by the Pastor. The Parish Business Manager is accountable to the Pastor for time and attendance. Other collaborative relationships, include but are not limited to, the following offices:
- Director of Parish Life
- Assigned Parochial Vicars and Clergy
- Parish Finance Council
- Pastoral Council
- St. Timothy Ministry Leaders
- Stewardship Committee
- Tithing Committee
- Principal of Mother Teresa of Calcutta Catholic School
- Diocesan Finance Ministry
- Diocesan Human Resource Ministry
- Diocesan Stewardship & Development Office
- Diocesan Construction & Real Estate Office
- Support and assist with parish wide events as needed.
- Serves as part of the Parish Leadership Team, and Stewardship Committee to assist in our discipleship efforts.
- Assists the parish secretary with communications materials, i.e., bulletin, website, and more, as requested.
- Attends parish functions.
- And other duties as specified by the Pastor.
QUALITIES AND SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Must be an active member of a Catholic community to express personal knowledge of the Catholic faith and commitment to Catholic ideals.
- Must complete the online Safe Environment training.
- BA/BS in a related field, preferably Business Management or Church Management Administration, 5-7 years recent experience in a comparable leadership position recommended.
- Possess a demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative fashion with diverse groups as well as have good, and healthy conflict resolution skills.
- Effective communication skills, including oral presentation and business writing. An ability to compose correspondence and reports.
- Must have the ability to manage while prioritizing workflow and maintaining flexibility. Possess an ability to manage multiple projects/priorities. Be able to work well & creatively under pressure required.
- Confidentiality must be strictly adhered to.
- Successfully pass a Level II (FBI) criminal history background check and attend Safe Environment Training Prior to Employment
To apply, click here.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of the physical capabilities that must be met by an employee and the working conditions that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.