Our Lady of the Rosary
Located in the Land O’ Lakes, about 30 miles north of Tampa, Florida, Our Lady of the Rosary (OLOR) Catholic Church is a parish in the Diocese of St. Petersburg. We are a vibrant, spirit-filled, diverse, and dynamic Parish serving our parishioners, visitors, and the surrounding community.
The responsibilities of a qualified candidate for the position of Parish Communications Assistant includes supporting the parish communications director in developing communication strategies. The candidate will work with volunteers, ministry leaders, and various committees. The Parish Communication Assistant will further OLOR’s vision in establishing a presence in the community by determining Church member interests, initiatives, event promotions, and informing God’s people about “matters of interest.” This will be accomplished by utilizing various methods of communication both in print and through social media and other marketing methods.
- Ensures consistent look, feel, and tone of all parish communication materials (evaluating for accuracy, consistency, and grammar).
- Assists in photography, videography, and audio recording for parish social and digital channels
- Assists with livestreaming of weekly and sacramental Masses.
- Compiles content for the parish bulletin from various sources and ministry leads, along with creating content as needed
- Moderation and content creation for parish social media communications.
- Provides support and assistance to parish staff and ministry leads to maintain brand standards in their own communications.
Skills & Competencies:
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Detail-oriented with exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of social media and willingness to learn new software, platforms, and programs to stay current with evolving digital tools and technologies.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- Capable of managing several projects at one time as well as adaptive to changing work priorities.
- High School diploma or greater. Some college preferred.
- Skilled in Marketing, Journalism, Communications, or Media Studies.
- Minimum, 1-2 years of Marketing, Advertising, Journalism, Media, or Communications experience.
- Proficiency in all relevant Marketing tools: Web publishing tools, MS Office, MS Publisher, Zoom, Mailchimp, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Experience with FellowshipOne.GO, Flocknote, Canva, and Adobe Creative Cloud a plus
Practicing Catholic in good standing with the Catholic Church.
Candidate must successfully complete a Level II FBI background screening and complete Safe Environment Training with the Diocese of St. Petersburg.
Submit cover letter and resume to Fr. Justin Paskert at: FrPaskert@LadyRosary.org