At Sacred Heart, the Manager of Parish Communication is responsible for developing and implementing the annual communication strategy of the parish. Working with staff, volunteers, ministry leads, and other various committees, the Manager of Parish Communication will further Sacred Heart’s purpose and vision by promoting events, initiatives, and emerging matters of interest to the parish through a variety of communication channels, both print and digital.
- Develops annual communication plan and strategy, which includes promotion of various events, initiatives, and emerging matters of interest to the parish.
- Ensures consistent look, feel, and tone of all parish communication materials (evaluating for accuracy, consistency, and grammar).
- Develops new and engaging content for the parish website, along with performing a monthly audit to identify outdated information that requires updating, while also evaluating user experience and consistently identifying ways to improve functionality, design, and content based on user feedback and reporting insights.
- Brainstorms content for the parish bulletin, along with creating content as needed (soliciting help or input from parish staff and ministry leads), while also evaluating overall layout and design and consistently identifying ways to improve output.
- Plans, executes, schedules, and monitors all parish email and social media communications.
- Concepts and produces parish videos to support various communication initiatives.
- Identifies all parish events and photography opportunities and coordinates with photography ministry to engage volunteers for coverage.
- Provides support and assistance to parish staff and ministry leads to maintain brand standards in their own communications.
- Maintains annual budget required for staffing, materials, and 3rd party tools.
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Detail-oriented with exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding and knowledge of social media and willingness to learn new software, platforms, and programs to stay current with evolving landscape
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Capable of managing several projects at one time as well as adaptive to changing work priorities
- Supervisory or people management experience a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA or BS) in Marketing or Communications
- 5-7 years of Marketing, Advertising, or Communications experience
- Proficiency in all relevant Marketing tools, including WordPress, Publisher, Microsoft Office, Zoom, Vimeo, Mailchimp, Flocknote, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. Experience with ParishSoft, Apple’s Final Cut Pro and Adobe Creative Cloud a plus
- Practicing Catholic in good standing with the Catholic Church
Candidate must successfully complete a Level II FBI background screening and complete Safe Environment Training with the Diocese of St. Petersburg.
Qualified candidates should send their resume and inquiries to Fr. Michael Jones, OFM at: email@example.com