Sacred Heart Parish
Located in the heart of downtown Tampa, the historic Sacred Heart Catholic Church is a Franciscan Parish serving a dynamic mixture of parishioners, visitors, and the local business community.
The parish event coordinator is responsible for implementing, staffing, organizing, or assisting with the various experiences, meetings, outreach, and events conducted at Sacred Heart, working with staff, volunteers, ministry leads, and other various committees to ensure proper execution of each event. This position is considered part-time, Monday thru Friday with weekend availability (20-25 hours per week).
For more on the historic Sacred Heart Catholic Church, visit shfla.org.
- Meeting the clergy’s or ministry lead’s requirements and expectations for each event
- Liaise with vendors, clergy, individual ministries, parish communications lead, staff, and stakeholders during the event planning process
- Manage all event set-up, tear down and follow-up processes
- Maintain the annual event plan and calendar, while proposing ideas for additional parish events, and thoughts to improve event quality
- Responsible for up to three (3) tent-pole events annually (Tent-pole events provide fundraising and awareness opportunities for the parish.)
- Responsible for up to six (6) parochial events monthly (Parochial events include semi-annual to monthly gathering of parishioners for outreach, giving, or fellowship.)
- Maintain event budgets, and conduct vendor research, gathering information to negotiate contracts and rates alongside the parish business manager
- Maintain a schedule of parish venues, and provide logistical support to ministries when requested
- Conduct final inspections on the day of the event to ensure everything adheres to the parish’s standards
- Analyze and provide feedback to clergy and staff post-event
- Assist the business manager to maintain an annual budget required for staffing, materials, and bookings
Skills & Competencies
- Detail-oriented with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding and knowledge of parochial and development event needs
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Capable of managing several projects at one time as well as adaptive to changing work priorities
- Supervisory or people management experience a plus
- Pursuing or possessing a degree (AA or BA) in Hospitality, Business, Event Management or Marketing
- 1-3 years of Event Management, Planning, Tourism, or Marketing experience
- Proficiency in all relevant planning tools, including EventBrite, CVENT, and Social Tables
- Experience with ParishSoft CRM or Flocknote also a plus
- Practicing Catholic in good standing with the Catholic Church
Candidate must successfully complete a Level II FBI background screening and complete Safe Environment Training.
To apply, click here