St. Matthew Parish
Skilled Handyman, Janitorial, and Odd Jobs
A medium sized Roman Catholic Church seeking a skilled maintenance man to utilizes multiple trade skills such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, and roofing, HVAC, and other skills as needed to solve maintenance problems.
This position requires someone who is self-motivated, works well alone AND with others, with capability to complete day to day duties with minimal supervision. Must be able to multi-task and identify problems as they arise, prioritize tasks. This position requires good physical condition as well as dependability and attention to detail.
Monday-Friday, Occasional Weekends and Religious Holidays. Salary is competitive, based on experience.
Job Responsibilities, Duties and Qualifications:
Ideal candidate will feel confident troubleshooting issues with electricity, plumbing and HVAC. Have an aptitude for fixing and problem solving, following instruction manuals and using necessary tools. Performing a variety of tasks everyday such as:
- Cleaning public spaces (spot checking, cob web removal, pressure washing, etc.; we have janitors for the big stuff)
- Picking up materials for projects
- Managing repairs and upkeep.
- Minor repairs on fixtures
- Replacing light bulbs,
- Replacing Air filters,
- Waxing floors
- Performing routine room maintenance such as painting, caulking
- Preparing spaces for ministries (table & chair set-ups, pull necessary supplies out storage, etc.)
- Being a point person and supervising any contractors brought in to do maintenance related work.
Any of the following fields would be helpful for employment:
- General maintenance
- Pressure cleaning
- Misc. general repairs and tasks
A valid driver’s license required.
Candidate must successfully pass a Level II FBI background screening and complete Safe Environment Training.
Qualified candidates please apply here