St. Raphael Parish
St. Raphael Catholic Church & School seeks a dynamic and driven Parish Manager to collaborate with clergy in fostering our mission and parish life. St. Raphael’s was founded in the 1960’s on beautiful Snell Isle in St. Petersburg, Florida. Today this family of faith is comprised of nearly 1800 families. Our parish and school is committed to working together to strengthen families and form our children to love God and help them find their place in this world in building the Kingdom. Our community of faith is anchored in prayer from our sacramental life, growing in discipleship, serving the poor, working for justice, and reaching the lost.
Due to a pending retirement, we need an experienced collaborative team leader, with administrative and ministerial capacities. The person who fills this role will directly collaborate and extend the pastoral mission of the pastor and other clergy. We seek an engaged Catholic confident in ministerial roles with a strong understanding of Church and evangelization.
This dynamic position involves effective team building within and between a “Green Team” and “Blue Team.” The Green Team keeps the pasture green and vibrant for ministry to happen: lights, leaks, locks, loans, lawns, and more. The Blue Team is about direct pastoral ministry, attending to the sacramental and ministerial graces following through our family of faith and beyond.
Needed skill set:
- Ministry Leadership – to collaborate with clergy, ministerial staff, and ministerial volunteers in carrying out the mission of our parish. (Liturgy, Faith Formation, Youth, Young Adult, Study Groups, Men’s, Women’s, Bereavement, St. Vincent de Paul, Social Justice, and similar ministries)
- Financial Literacy – to collaborate with the bookkeeper for day to day operations, provide regular reporting to Finance Council, and budget and strategically plan for both the Parish and School.
- Facilities – to manage and direct the maintenance team for parish & school, craft campus facilities plans, collaborate with office staff for day-to-day scheduling, manage contracted services, and liaison with the Diocesan Construction Office
- Human Resources – to provide liaison with the Diocesan Human Resources Office, oversee payroll and benefits, and direct team-member review process
- Communication – to collaborate with communications staff for bulletin, e-newsletters, website, and social media
- Stewardship – to collaborate with the stewardship and development staff for offertory, events, campaigns, and donor relations for both parish and specialized school needs
- Engaged Catholic Confident in a Ministerial Role
- Educational Degree in Business or Church Management
- Experience in Administration and Team Leadership
Candidate must successfully pass a level II FBI background screening and complete Safe Environment Training.
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume directed to the Parish Manager Search Committee, including contact information for three references, to: email@example.com
Inquiries seeking further information are welcome and should be addressed to the same email as above.
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled.