Blessed Trinity Parish
Blessed Trinity is seeking a Parish Secretary. This is a full time position with benefits. The Parish Secretary is responsible for the clerical, administrative and communications-related functions of the Parish Office.
Duties may include but are not limited to all of the following:
- Design and production of certificates, posters, flyers, etc. for sacraments and parish events
- Organizing and maintaining filing system, paper and electronic
- Maintaining parish census records and submitting reports for bi-monthly collection envelopes
- Scheduling liturgical ministers and coordinating volunteers for weekly and daily masses
- Creating, editing, producing and distributing correspondence and other communications as directed by Pastor or Parish Manager
- Updating social media accounts
- Train as back-up for livestreaming masses and events
- Relieving receptionist as necessary
- Adhering to deadlines based on the parish/Diocesan calendars
- Preparing and maintaining parish calendar, as well as Pastor’s calendar
- Other related tasks as assigned
- A detailed-oriented individual who must have above average keyboarding skills, excellent organizational skills and the ability to understand and follow instructions, as well as to work independently.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Publisher.
- Basic knowledge of Catholic liturgies and/or church experience most helpful.
- Knowledge of general office procedures, familiarity with office equipment (computer, copier/scanner, calculator and shredder) as well as excellent spelling and grammatical skills.
- We require that the individual is able to speak, as well as write fluently, in English. Spanish a plus but not required.
- The individual needs to be mature, courteous, and able to interact well with others.
- As a visible representative of the parish and at times the only person in the parish office, this person will need to put the interests of the parish first in all actions and communication with others.
- Cordial and effective communication with priests, parishioners, committee members and Diocesan office personnel is an ongoing necessity.
Candidate must successfully pass a Level II FBI Background Screening and complete Safe Environment Training.
To apply, please send resume to Alice at: email@example.com