The Parish Secretary is responsible for the daily operation of the parish office and for relieving the pastor of clerical work and minor administrative and business details. There are 2 part- time positions available.
Duties may include some or all of the following:
- Typing certificate and forms
- Maintaining and monitoring filing system, paper and electronic
- Opening and routing incoming mail and preparing outgoing mail
- Scheduling outside printing projects
- Photocopying all correspondence and other material as needed
- Data entry into Parish Data System: e.g. Lenten Appeal; parish census, statistics
- Communicating with Diocesan offices, vendors, and parishioners
- Answering the telephone and email
- Greeting visitors and responding to general questions
- Adhering to deadlines based on the parish/Diocesan calendars
- Preparing and maintain Mass Intention book and Mass cards
- Maintains safe and clean reception area
- Assist parish staff as needed
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds without assistance and up to 60 pounds with assistance
- Other related tasks as assigned
- A detailed-oriented individual who must have above average typing/word processing skills, excellent organizational skills and the ability to understand and follow instructions, as well as to work independently.
- The person in this position should have knowledge of general office procedures, familiarity with office equipment (computer, typewriter, copier, scanner, and adding machine) as well as excellent spelling and grammatical skills.
- We require that the individual is able to speak, as well as write fluently, in both Spanish and English.
- The individual needs to be mature, courteous, and able to interact well with others.
- As a visible representative of the parish and sometimes the ONLY person in the parish office, this person will need to put the interests of the parish first in all actions and communication with others.
- Cordial and effective communication with priests, parishioners, vendors, committee members, members of the Church Finance Council, and Diocesan office personnel is an ongoing necessity.
Candidate must successfully pass a Level II FBI Background Screening and complete Safe Environment Training
Please send a resume to Fr. Mike at: firstname.lastname@example.org