Parish Youth Ministry Coordinator – Full-Time
St. Lawrence Catholic Church, Tampa
St. Lawrence Catholic Church is currently accepting applications for a full-time Youth Ministry Coordinator to help expand our youth ministry program.
This position is responsible for providing a comprehensive and dynamic program for youth in middle school and high school. The candidate should have experience in implementing a complete approach to youth ministry. This position requires knowledge of Catholic Social Teaching and the teachings of the Catholic Church.
This position will have responsibilities as follows:
- Coordination of all High School and Middle
School Youth Ministry parish based activities. This would include, but not be
- Weekly High School Life Nights.
- Biweekly Middle School Edge nights.
- Frequently scheduled service opportunities and retreats.
- Annual large group camp/retreat experiences (Life Teen/Edge Summer Camps, Steubenville Youth Conferences, NCYC, etc.).
- Coordination of aspects of parish-based events as they pertain to High School and Middle school young people.
- Participation and support of Lenten Stations of the Cross.
- Ongoing training to enhance skills in Comprehensive Youth Ministry.
- Creation of promotional material and media for Youth Ministry events.
form, and actively engage in relational ministry opportunities
- Attending and supporting high school and middle school students in their various academic and extra-curricular activities
- Form, train, and disciple core teams of adults for Life Teen and Edge
- Coordination of:
- Assist in Campus ministry program
- Participate in service days, with hope of bringing service opportunities to youth of the parish
- Classroom and lunchtime visits to get to know the students
- Assist with coordinating social justice opportunities
Qualifications and Skills:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstration of a strong collaborative approach to working as part of a parish staff team.
- Familiarity and experience with Social Networks such as Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- A strong understanding and ability to articular the Catholic faith to young people.
- Hold at least a bachelor’s degree, preferably in theology, religious studies or education.
- Have catechetical experience in a parish faith formation, youth ministry or Catholic school setting.
- Fully-initiated, practicing Roman Catholic.
- Proficiency in Spanish preferred.
Must successfully complete a Level II FBI background screening and complete a Safe Environment Training course.
About St. Lawrence:
St. Lawrence Catholic Church is located in Tampa, Florida and is located about 15 minutes from Tampa International Airport. St. Lawrence parish covers an area of West Tampa that is an amalgamation of many different cultures from the United States, Central America, and South America. St. Lawrence has approximately 3400 registered families and is actively seeking ways to meet the various spiritual and physical needs of the 70,000 + people living in the surrounding community.
How to apply:
Please email cover letter along with resume to: Fr. Dan Kayajan at firstname.lastname@example.org.