Cathedral of St. Jude
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: (The essential functions/major responsibilities listed are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position. Duties and responsibilities are also subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.)
- Prepare delicious meals for the rectory priests based on their individual health needs and their preferences
- Follow a meal plan designed to ensure cost efficiency and to avoid waste
- Be mindful of specific designated mealtimes and have food hot and ready
- Ensure the kitchen/ dining area is kept clean and sanitary to prevent illness
- Disinfect countertops and cabinets
- Clean and organize refrigerator(s) as necessary
- Clean microwave/ oven
- Formally set table daily using clean linens and dishes
- Wash and put dishes away daily
- Sweep/ mop both kitchen and dining areas
- Take an inventory of supplies, report to office manager when stock runs low so to replenish
- Responsible for a weekly grocery shop to provide any specialty items requested by the priests as well as food for meal prep
- Put groceries away in appropriate areas
- Be mindful of expiration dates to ensure food safety
- Launder tablecloths, washcloths, towels, etc. weekly
- Communicate with priests regularly to proportionately make enough food for the group/ individuals
- Every so often there are visiting priests, with this said, accommodations are made to provide meals for them as well
- Make individual plates for weekend dinners
- Report any maintenance issues to office manager including and not limited to pest control, appliance performances, etc.
- Listen to feedback to optimize the priests’ satisfaction with their meals
- Other duties as assigned
- Support and assist with parish wide events as needed.
- Ability to cook and be creative with food.
- Solid understanding of sanitation and safety procedures.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- High School diploma or GED
- Formal training in the food service field preferred
- Must complete online Safe Environment training and Background Screening
To apply, click here.